Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5450 (Misses'/Misses' Petite Top, Tu)

Reviewed by:LoriLaroo

Other Projects by LoriLaroo using this Pattern

Levone said... (6/27/10 10:29 PM) Reply
Pretty top!
JMarie1962 said... (6/26/10 0:19 AM) Reply
Really cute fabric and your modification of the gathers looks awesome! After reading your review and another, I'm thinking that eliminating the middle pleat *might* work for me in this top (I'm a 36C... so just on the cusp of "bigger") Love your top!
sunnysewer said... (6/25/10 12:19 PM) Reply
so glad to see this made up. I have this pattern and the center folds gave me pause - thought they might come out weird. So the gathers are the answer! very nice.
Gold said... (6/25/10 10:59 AM) Reply
Cute top love the fabric print.
LoriLaroo said... (6/25/10 9:14 AM) Reply
Coastal Connie: I though the same when I took the pix (blue on blue). I will take a pix of the back and me wearing it in the next few days. MNBarb: I think with a more stable fabric, the pleats would not be as soft-looking, but more defined. I'd try it.
MNBarb said... (6/25/10 9:04 AM) Reply
I'm just getting ready to make this top. Thanks for the review. It calls for a less drapey fabric than you used. Do you think the gathers work better for softer fabrics and, maybe, the pleat would work better for more stable fabrics? I like the idea of the gathers but am planning to use a stretch cotton but do have a rayon that could be an alternate.
lamstu said... (6/25/10 4:45 AM) Reply
I really like the modification that you made. Also thanks for mentioning about the body types that might not wear it so well - this is very useful.
Coastal Connie said... (6/24/10 10:24 PM) Reply
Looks like a cute top. Would be nice to see it on you, since your model is also blue, it is hard to make out the lines in the top. Suggest showing a back view, too.
Nan Kay said... (6/24/10 10:12 PM) Reply
Yours version is better than the picture on the envelope! I really like how you changed it!
sewing for fun said... (6/24/10 9:33 PM) Reply
Gorgeous top - love your adaptation - prettier than the original.
Lety said... (6/24/10 8:37 PM) Reply
What a great alteration, I think I'm going to try it!
ryansmumAria said... (6/24/10 8:32 PM) Reply
This is beautiful! I love the colors and the pattern - perfect combination.
Understanding Interfacings