Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> 1099

Posted on:5/30/11 11:51 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 9 people

Sewing Patterns: Upcycling

moushka said... (5/31/11 6:58 PM) Reply
Too bad about the pattern; it's such a nice style. Kudos on your perseverance with the collar: it looks perfect. Do hem it a wear it as a jacket. After all the work you put into it, you deserve to have a lovely jacket-blouse in your wardrobe. The colour is lovely.
Lynnelle said... (5/31/11 8:48 AM) Reply
I give much credit to michellep74 for taking the time to work with me on this. She cut and sewed a new version of this shirt just to help with the collar. If anyone wants to tackle this or any other HP notched collar, definitely check out Michelle's tutorial and other member input in the thread. Thanks Michelle!
VivianZ said... (5/31/11 8:15 AM) Reply
I think your shirt is really nice and I would go ahead and finish it as you have gotten this far. I am so respectful of your tenacity to complete this pattern. I would have tossed it after the first attempt. I have just completed a HP pattern and will review it soon. I found the instructions completely lacking as well. I finally just guessed as to what was meant.
MNBarb said... (5/30/11 9:22 PM) Reply
The color is great and your final collar is perfect. UGH, I hate patterns like this. I always start with a vision of a perfect garment and end up thinking "bonfire". You are so patient to stick with this so long!
Q Valley Mary said... (5/30/11 7:57 PM) Reply
If this were my project, I'd just hem it and wear it as a jacket without buttons or buttonholes. You've done such fine work with it so far, and the color is lovely. Maybe as a jacket you'd feel better about it.
marec said... (5/30/11 7:17 PM) Reply
This is why PR is so fantastic! I am impressed with your 4 attempts on the notched collar, and your final version. Good job Lynnelle. Now, are you going to burn this blouse, cut it up or send it to someone else to finish the buttonholes and hem and send it back to you?
Lynnelle said... (5/30/11 6:16 PM) Reply
Yes it does! I think I started this top in June or July of last year; the review is just as old. It certainly does feel good to be done with it!
michellep74 said... (5/30/11 1:50 PM) Reply
Sorry that you weren't able to make this one work, but doesn't it feel good to have "cleansed" yourself of this UFO now?
Understanding Interfacings