Online Sewing Class: Sewing Basics

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 1995 (Exercise Gear (OOP))

Reviewed by:Kay Y

Last Updated:6/30/10 3:09 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 14 people

Sweater knit fabrics

lilyofthevalley said... (8/10/10 4:03 PM) Reply
Kay, absolutely wonderful review for your stylish exercise top. You've expertly displayed a professional technique for applying lycra binding; now if only you would disclose your secret for maintaining your fit and shapely figure. You really *do* look amazing. Lovely, Lily
Elke said... (7/3/10 4:48 PM) Reply
Very professional results! Thanks for sharing these tips. Your top looks great.
Karin Mantefors said... (7/3/10 1:26 AM) Reply
Thanks for showing me this technique
Karin Mantefors said... (7/3/10 1:26 AM) Reply
Thanks for showing me this technique
ryansmumAria said... (7/2/10 11:35 PM) Reply
wonderful!
SheBear0320 said... (7/2/10 3:55 PM) Reply
Thanks for posting the binding tutorial -- I've got the instructions written down from the PR Weekend demo. Your photos will go nicely with those instructions. Great job on the top.
MadMenFanlinda said... (7/1/10 8:48 AM) Reply
Wow, we own a running store so I see a lot of workout wear, but that top is fantastic! Thanks for sharing the binding technique with us.
Barbara V said... (6/30/10 3:35 PM) Reply
Great activewear. Thanks for including technique for bond edge. You did a fantastic job.
DorothyK said... (6/30/10 2:38 PM) Reply
Fantastic. I love the binding. Do you think this can be done without a serger?
Sigrid. said... (6/30/10 11:38 AM) Reply
Wish I had time to try that technique immediately, looks so professional. Thanks for sharing. Cute exercise top too.
Rhonda in Montreal said... (6/30/10 11:29 AM) Reply
VERY nicely done, Kay!! You must feel proud wearing "real" work-out clothes and not sloppy shorts/T-shirt like moi...
kittykate said... (6/30/10 11:02 AM) Reply
oooh, I was there when she cracked open the bundle buggy with a snap and I knew that I was in the presence of serious shopping! I instead schlepped my bale on my shoulder. Seriously though, what's the width of the coverstitch on that? It looks nicely wide. I looked at the samples with the single chainstitch.
Seamingly Simple said... (6/30/10 10:00 AM) Reply
What a great exercise wardrobe you have made. Thanks for the demo on the binding. It looks like I should have gone to Montreal!
Mahler said... (6/30/10 9:57 AM) Reply
Genial ! Wonderful fit and what a technique for the binding. I love the fabric you used for the top. I should have followed you more during your shopping.
Sue Anfang said... (6/30/10 9:37 AM) Reply
Gorgeous (as always) & the binding technique is great - I just tried it on a swimsuit prototype last night! (If you're tired of your stash you can always send some to Toronto, I don't even need the bundle buggy! ;-)
cboots said... (6/30/10 0:11 AM) Reply
That binding really looks terrific! I can't wait to try out this method for my kids' swimsuits. Thanks for all the closeup pictures.
Annette1 said... (6/29/10 10:43 PM) Reply
VERY nice and such PROFESSIONAL execution. I really appreciate the tutorial on the binding application. You look GREAT in your exercise gear, too.
Immelu said... (6/29/10 9:39 PM) Reply
Wow...that is brilliant! Do you think a zig zag, or double needle would work instead of the coverstitch?
treefrog said... (6/29/10 8:43 PM) Reply
Thanks for the instructions on the binding. I'll have to try this method.

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS