Online Sewing Class: Sewing Basics

Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2908 (Women's Stretch Jeans)

Reviewed by:goosegreen

About goosegreenstarstarstar
NSW Australia
Member since: 1/9/05

Best Patterns of 2009
Posted on:7/6/10 1:04 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants
fattyboomboom said... (7/19/10 2:37 PM) Reply
Wonderful work on your jeans! I am so happy for you, and yes, I have become addicted to this pattern already.
JEF said... (7/7/10 10:37 AM) Reply
Nice jeans -I love you back pockets and will echo the "great topstitching" comments.
goosegreen said... (7/7/10 0:31 AM) Reply
Construction was done on my Janome MC8000 (17 yrs old and still going strong!), overlocking on my Janome 634D and the topstitching was done on my basic Janome mechanical 18W model because my 8000 doesn't like topstitching thread. It also meant I could leave the mech machine set up & didn't lose any of the settings when I turned it off. :D
aliann1 said... (7/6/10 8:05 PM) Reply
Great topstitching. Can you tell me what make/model of machine you used?
GlobalMom said... (7/6/10 12:39 PM) Reply
Nice job. One tip that I picked up recently which works great for topstitching stretch denim is to spray the piece you want to topstitch with spray starch, iron it dry, and then do your topstitching. I've done this several times and it always works like a charm (no stretching during stitching), plus the starch washes out when you're finished. Welcome to the "I made them myself and they fit!" jeans club!
MNBarb said... (7/6/10 11:52 AM) Reply
PS. I agree that everyone should make a pair of jeans. It's so rewarding when they work!
MNBarb said... (7/6/10 11:50 AM) Reply
I think you have a good fit and the pocket topstitching looks great. The crotch might come down a bit after a few deep knee bends with the stretch denim, there's just no end to it's relaxing as the day progresses. Nice job!
Skye said... (7/6/10 4:02 AM) Reply
Nice looking pair of jeans - great top stitching.
goosegreen said... (7/6/10 3:50 AM) Reply
Ooh thank you Lyndle but I think I *am* plus sized in the bottom half! My topstitching thread is a spool just labelled "Jeans Thread" which I had in my stash. No idea who makes it but it is NOT the same as YLI's Jean Stitch which I also have. My secret to topstitching is pressing after every row and using a stitch length of 3.
Sharonspils said... (7/6/10 3:32 AM) Reply
Fantastic looking jeans, you have done an excellnet job. Love the pockets.
lyndle said... (7/6/10 2:50 AM) Reply
Great jeans. I'm so pleased to see a plus-size review of these (I'm not quite sure you qualify though). I agree, the top stitching is beautiful and you have a good fit. Did you use top stitching thread?
becca a said... (7/6/10 2:17 AM) Reply
Your top stitching and pocket design are great. I agree, making jeans is addictive.
velosewer said... (7/6/10 2:12 AM) Reply
You do good work. I love the detailing.
ClaireEmily said... (7/6/10 1:53 AM) Reply
Those are great! Really I think the leg shape and general fit looks great =)
jannw said... (7/6/10 1:37 AM) Reply
very nice..love your topstitching and pocket design

All About Linings