Online Sewing Class: Altering Pants

Pattern Reviews> Self Drafted Pattern> 125587-1002 (Waterproof Hiking pants)

Reviewed by:treefrog

About treefrogstarstarstarstar
AUSTRALIA
Member since: 2/13/08
Posted on:7/10/10 8:40 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 16 people
kat86 said... (7/27/10 3:56 AM) Reply
they're amazing! I do a fair bit of skiing/hiking and didnt know you could buy gore-tex to sew yourself... though I'm a long way from it being worthwhile me trying to make something with it. I'm really impressed, hope you have lots of great trips in them
CynthiaSue said... (7/23/10 0:23 AM) Reply
pretty impressed!!!! very economical if indeed you wear them for 3 years! love the white and black pairing.
AnneM said... (7/20/10 8:46 PM) Reply
Great job. Very useful, and nothing like custom usefulness! Nice modifications, and thanks for the pics.
fattyboomboom said... (7/19/10 2:45 PM) Reply
This is truly commendable workmanship and creativity. I suspect you'll be enjoying the skiing and hiking even more knowing how well you customized your pants.
rebija said... (7/15/10 10:49 AM) Reply
I admire anyone who can execute pants this flawlessly! I'd buy them!
Aroura said... (7/15/10 3:26 AM) Reply
Fantastic job of recreating, and improving, on your inspiration piece. And you drafted it yourself! Amazing!
nancy2001 said... (7/13/10 2:22 PM) Reply
Wow! You did a superlative job on these pants.
Selina said... (7/12/10 9:46 PM) Reply
WOW indeed! Those are some amazing pants! Have you considered submiting your design changes to Patagonia?
FreyaStark said... (7/12/10 5:48 AM) Reply
Amazing. I am deeply impressed.
JillyBe said... (7/12/10 4:11 AM) Reply
Wow - GREAT job! As a formerly active outdoorsy type who is very familiar w/ Patagonia (aka PataGucci) & their quality, I'm super impressed with your details!
MareeAlison said... (7/12/10 1:47 AM) Reply
Treefrog - you did a great job on these. They are amazing.
Kathy in NM said... (7/11/10 10:36 PM) Reply
Oh my goodness!!!! What an amazing pair of pants! Thanks for sharing the photos of how you did the seam sealing. You make it look "easy"! You tempt me to give this a try. Even with the gore-tex fabric, I bet you saved some $ and have a perfect fit to boot! Congrats!!!!
Sandi S said... (7/11/10 4:16 PM) Reply
awesome job on these!
jannw said... (7/11/10 1:11 PM) Reply
very impressive..look much better than anything I've seen in the shops! Enjoy them for the next 10 years...
marec said... (7/11/10 11:23 AM) Reply
Absolute perfection! I really enjoy your work and hope to someday approach your level.
Diane E said... (7/11/10 10:59 AM) Reply
These are terrific pants! Thanks for the detailed review. How inspiring!
MNBarb said... (7/11/10 8:58 AM) Reply
Your engineering skills bowl me over. The best thing is you have a perfect fit with all of the extras you need for your specific activities. Can you please include your source for extras like snaps, zips, etc if they are something special? The notions are one of the things that can separate RTW from handmade. Your garments always look professionally made.
ClaireEmily said... (7/11/10 6:31 AM) Reply
These pants are just so impressive! Wow. Enjoy them =)
brissie71 said... (7/11/10 3:35 AM) Reply
Totally impressed here! I've not ever sewn a pair of pants as fabulous as these. Good on you for giving it a go...and making them turn out so well.
Sarsez said... (7/11/10 2:35 AM) Reply
Congrats - Isn't a truly marvelous feeling to get things figured out and a great pair of pants to boot!
Sew4Fun said... (7/11/10 2:01 AM) Reply
Awesome! I'm very impressed.
o3b said... (7/11/10 1:54 AM) Reply
Drool. Sigh. Drool. I just love your stuff. Seam seal TAPE? I'm going to look for that. I only have a bottle of a roll-on liquid from years ago.
Ericaeli said... (7/11/10 1:12 AM) Reply
Your outerwear always impresses/inspires me. These pants are just awesome, and I imagine they will get a lot of use.
Mushywear said... (7/11/10 0:42 AM) Reply
Absolutely amazing! You did an incredible job!
Margaret said... (7/11/10 0:17 AM) Reply
Wow, those pants look GREAT and really well designed! Congratulations!
lynny said... (7/11/10 0:14 AM) Reply
Beautiful sewing, you must be so pleased, well done.
margk said... (7/10/10 10:53 PM) Reply
You have done a beautiful job on these pants. I suspect they will get LOTS of use!
RadarRadiance said... (7/10/10 10:52 PM) Reply
Amazing outstanding work. Enjoyed all your pictures, they look great!
goosegreen said... (7/10/10 9:53 PM) Reply
Really impressive! Your sewing never ceases to amaze. Isn't it great that we can create the perfect item?
Sharonspils said... (7/10/10 9:22 PM) Reply
You have done such a fantastic job on these and thank you for showing your additional details. Definately better than the best RTW you could buy.
RLL said... (7/10/10 9:07 PM) Reply
Wow, I am so impressed.
QuiltSewSewSue said... (7/10/10 9:01 PM) Reply
Fabulous pants - the details are great and they look like they have come off the rack of a very expensive store!

Sewing Workshop New Yorker Jacket Pattern