Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> 1111 (Kaleidoscope Top)

Reviewed by:Auntie Allyn

About Auntie Allynstarstar
VA USA
Member since: 3/18/08
Posted on:7/15/10 9:10 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
NancyGT said... (8/7/14 11:56 AM) Reply
Thank you for the review. I purchased this and made a mock up muslin, following HP's advise to always make a muslin. Good that I did. The pattern printing was off (seriously off - one piece printed as if it were folded on top of itself and the directions for the asymetrical top which you made were cropped mid column vertically - totally unreadable). The 'under bust' seam was, as you say, much lower than expected. Even in a size 6, the buttons were also much more to the side of my bust than expected - one could NOT wear it open as drawn on the envelope cover. I liked the curve of the neckline -- but all in all, thought that I would redraft most of the pieces should I make it. Ultimately, I threw away the pattern (although I copied the neckline for use elsewhere) and went to something else. Rule 1 - ALWAYS MAKE A TEST PIECE!
thornberry said... (7/15/14 2:31 AM) Reply
Thanks for your review. I've had this pattern for ages and hadn't used it - but now that I see it as a dress, I definitely will! Thanks for making me think beyond the square.
tshores said... (8/24/13 2:43 AM) Reply
I just made this pattern and the bodice is even longer on me--it goes down to my waist! Not at all what the picture shows on the pattern, and I was really disappointed. Should've checked; I only checked width and length. So I'm going to redo the pattern and try it again because I do like the fit otherwise.
Q Valley Mary said... (7/16/10 11:16 AM) Reply
This pattern really shows off your beautiful fabric. And I'll bet it's very comfortable to wear.
Karen6790 said... (7/15/10 9:55 PM) Reply
I like the proportion on you, at least how it ended up - and the color of course is fabulous.
Gelbean said... (7/15/10 9:40 PM) Reply
Very nice! The color is great on you!
michellep74 said... (7/15/10 11:57 AM) Reply
Very cute! I like seeing this made as a dress--I was considering that, too.
Nancy K said... (7/15/10 9:45 AM) Reply
So glad to see this as I bought it too. It looks great on you.
crazygrad said... (7/15/10 9:16 AM) Reply
Cool! I was thinking of making this soon (actually, I was hoping to have the first review). And I did think about making it as a dress. You look great!

BurdaStyle Magazine 10-2009-102