Online Sewing Class: Altering Pants

Pattern Reviews> Ottobre Woman Magazine> 05-2008-01 (Simple-yet-elegant pintuck dre)

Reviewed by:addicted2fabric

About addicted2fabricstar
NEW ZEALAND
Member since: 2/8/07
Posted on:7/21/10 5:02 AM
Last Updated:7/21/10 4:51 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 17 people
katlew03 said... (9/26/10 6:32 PM) Reply
Really cute dress. I would not have looked twice at it from the line drawing, but your version and the black one illustrated make me want to try it.
o3b said... (8/3/10 2:50 PM) Reply
What a fun review to read! I like your story behind the dress.
brissie71 said... (7/25/10 7:13 AM) Reply
I really like the changes you've made to this pattern. I wouldn't have thought to sew this in a knit, but it obviously works VERY well. Thanks for such a detailed review. It was very helpful.
rebija said... (7/23/10 11:54 PM) Reply
Very pretty!
Ronda Rae said... (7/23/10 8:01 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! I am sure you were turning many heads. Lovely color, too.
waltzqueen said... (7/22/10 7:10 PM) Reply
What a luscious color! and a very elegant dress that I'm sure looks smashing on you! The pintucks add just the right amount of detail to this classic style.
Annette1 said... (7/22/10 0:17 AM) Reply
By the way, I like it better sleeveless than with the sleeves.
Annette1 said... (7/22/10 0:17 AM) Reply
YES, YES, YES, wear this dress OFTEN! I have been drawn to the tights look lately, too, even though I don't have the figure for short dresses with tights -- ha! -- but maybe medium length dresses with tights, I could get by with. I'm so glad you branched out and make this, because it REALLY is lovely, with those PERFECT little pintucks and this DELICIOUS fabric. I can just see you sporting the whole outfit. I'm not surprised you had so many compliments. :o)
ClaireEmily said... (7/21/10 6:52 PM) Reply
Great dress! I think that would look fabulous with boots and tights. Good on you for taking a chance on a new style!
michellep74 said... (7/21/10 6:07 PM) Reply
Very pretty dress!
21wale said... (7/21/10 5:17 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress. Very sophisticated, I think. That pattern was a disaster for me, mainly because the armholes were extremely tight. But you definitely made it work!
AnneMarie60 said... (7/21/10 4:32 PM) Reply
Very pretty dress! Love that you echoed the pintucks in the back to work out the gape. Very enjoyable and informative review.
Mahogany Stylist said... (7/21/10 3:56 PM) Reply
Lovely and simple. The pintucks make this dress stand out.
Izzie said... (7/21/10 3:40 PM) Reply
Great Dress! I wasn't going to make this dress because it seemed too young for me. But without the sleeves, I may just try it! Thanks for the idea and the enjoyable review.
carolynw said... (7/21/10 2:44 PM) Reply
Very definitely simple and oh so elegant!!
Marie_P. said... (7/21/10 2:30 PM) Reply
Very pretty and a nice color!
Rhoda K said... (7/21/10 2:15 PM) Reply
I really like your dress - the pintucks gives it an added touch for style.
Levone said... (7/21/10 2:02 PM) Reply
I love your version of this (without the puffy sleeves)....gorgeous color.
Dei said... (7/21/10 12:16 PM) Reply
Well glad you're back in dresses and you're doing it in style. Great vibrant color and love the detailing. Like that its sleeveless too.
gatorgirl4325 said... (7/21/10 10:31 AM) Reply
Great dress - I'm sure it looks fabulous on!
Elemenopeo said... (7/21/10 9:17 AM) Reply
Very classic but stylish.
mrsbewley said... (7/21/10 8:10 AM) Reply
Beautiful - love the pintucks!
ConnieBJ said... (7/21/10 8:05 AM) Reply
"Wow, I Really like that dress". I actually said that out loud to myself when I saw the photo! Great job!
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (7/21/10 7:48 AM) Reply
For your first dress in 15 years you certainly have a winner. Gorgeous dress. I love the changed you've made, the quality of the fabric and the color.
Jali said... (7/21/10 7:14 AM) Reply
Pretty dress and I agree entirely with the title description of your review. I love that your dress is current without being far off from being a classic. Would love to see your black version if you make it.
Lori V said... (7/21/10 6:59 AM) Reply
Very pretty dress.
Rebecca D said... (7/21/10 6:14 AM) Reply
Love the dress and the changes you made - yeah for the dress! I love dresses and hope you continue to enjoy wearing them.
Vibekeinyork said... (7/21/10 5:53 AM) Reply
I loved the look of this dress in the magazine and it's so fun to see it made up in a different version. It looks lovely and I bet its very comfortable to wear. Enjoy the wide and wonderful world of dresses.
Sew4Fun said... (7/21/10 5:45 AM) Reply
Lovely dress. I like the changes you made.

Beyond the BoatNeck