Online Sewing Class: Blueprints to Blue Jeans

Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5450 (Deep Pleat Bodice Dress)

Reviewed by:nicegirl

About nicegirlstarstarstarstar
DC USA
Member since: 5/10/06
Posted on:8/12/10 10:24 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops
FLFiFiLarue said... (9/9/10 2:09 PM) Reply
Great Review! Would have probably skimmed past this pattern but your detailed review and pictures have made me think I want this pattern. Great looking material! Darling Dress on you!
Kathy7661 said... (8/18/10 9:21 AM) Reply
Great review. This pattern is next on my list. Your review will help me a lot. Thanks
Rhonda Noah said... (8/15/10 9:21 AM) Reply
Love your dress! It looks fantastic. The trim and running embroidery stitch are great touches. I was not inspired by the pattern until I saw your version. Now I think I must have it.
becca a said... (8/13/10 12:31 PM) Reply
Very cute dress! Your vintage ribbon and decorative stitching raise the dress to the next level.
dingyadi said... (8/12/10 11:36 PM) Reply
Your dress is so cute, particularly with the ribbon trim. It looks gorgeous on you.
Robin Denning said... (8/12/10 10:34 PM) Reply
cute dress and a wonderful silhouette on you. I like the way you always combine multiple photos into one screen. Great review.
FreyaStark said... (8/12/10 4:58 PM) Reply
Very pretty, and impressively tailored. You seem to be remarkably thorough and meticulous for a slapdash sewist!
Grammy Gin said... (8/12/10 4:41 PM) Reply
So cute!! Wonderful job & review as usual.
Mufffet said... (8/12/10 2:46 PM) Reply
Love this - your deco stitching is lovely! The shoes are fantastic as well...;)
michellep74 said... (8/12/10 12:47 PM) Reply
Very very cute! I love your fabric!
bakertoo said... (8/12/10 11:52 AM) Reply
You have done a great job with the fit and choice of fabric. Really nice. It is a pattern I might not do after a first glance at the pattern, but with your photo and review I am going to give it a try! Thank You!
sunnysewer said... (8/12/10 11:52 AM) Reply
great review, looks great. thanks for all the info. I have this pattern and keep thinking about it, but the center pleat puts me off - maybe I will eliminate it entirely.
mm73 said... (8/12/10 11:18 AM) Reply
Awesome review! I just started this project in black linen last night. So far so good. I agree with you about the shoulder straps as I also prefer a little more coverage. I cut this out on 8/10 and started sewing on 8/11. I expect to finish tonight. Again, awesome review! Thanks!
Knitz said... (8/12/10 11:09 AM) Reply
Very cute dress -- nice details, and very comprehensive review.
ryansmumAria said... (8/12/10 11:00 AM) Reply
that is absolutely adorable! just wonderful and you look great in it. Would have cost a fortune if RTW

Serendipity Studio 94