Online Sewing Class: Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket

Sweater knit fabrics

boutiquefabric.com

High end fashion fabrics

mylittleelephant said... (8/5/10 8:51 PM) Reply
I have this book and was looking at a picture yesterday, wondering how it would be like in reality.......and now your top convinced me that this really is a must-try pattern, it looks just stunning!!! It will be a while for me to try it but thank you for valuable infos and encouraging review.
Danvillegirl said... (8/5/10 7:55 PM) Reply
Great job!
ClaireOKC said... (8/5/10 9:22 AM) Reply
Thank you ladies for your generous comments. There's more info on my blog here: But I really enjoyed doing this, and once you get a block made up it doesn't really take that much time to do this pattern. And once you have a block, save it. You can use it over and over. IOW, you only have to make up the block once. If you decide to tackle this - good for you, ask questions, I'm a teacher and love encouraging sewist to step in and out of the envelope!
Fran G said... (8/5/10 8:55 AM) Reply
Beautiful and unique looking!
gsp1066 said... (8/5/10 0:44 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! Thanks for the encouragement; I have the book and the blouse is on my 'someday...' list.
drsue said... (8/4/10 11:35 PM) Reply
Absolutely fabulous! Also your comments on the "oriental" nature of the pattern was very interesting. When I saw the picture (before I read your text) I thought of an elaborate obi bow.
rivergum said... (8/4/10 8:57 PM) Reply
Gee this is beautiful! You really inspired me. I will have to have a go at this now, so much for avoiding doing anything difficult, which I have been for too long.
FreyaStark said... (8/4/10 5:56 PM) Reply
Wow! The yellow version is fabulous. Well done.
Laurie Lou said... (8/4/10 3:04 PM) Reply
Exquisite! Reminisce of designer Fath I just enjoyed reading about. YOU did a beautiful fit and the bow lies very nicely. Very inspirational indeed! Thanks for sharing!
BillieJean said... (8/4/10 2:55 PM) Reply
Beautifully dramatic!!! I love it. Well done.
Patti B said... (8/4/10 11:00 AM) Reply
Absolutely amazing. What a beautiful blouse. The Pattern Magic designs inspire only fear and trembling in me -- you are a magician!
dingyadi said... (8/4/10 10:53 AM) Reply
Stunning!
ConnieBJ said... (8/4/10 10:17 AM) Reply
When I win a few millions, I am going to hole myself away for a year and sew all the Pattern Magic patterns! Good for you for tackling it- wonderful piece of work!
thirteenstitches said... (8/4/10 9:57 AM) Reply
GORGEOUS!!! I LOVE IT : )

McCall's M4963