Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 03-2010-107 (Strapless Dress)

Reviewed by:arianamaniacs

About arianamaniacsstarstarstarstar
Austria
Member since: 6/11/04
Posted on:8/6/10 6:04 PM
Last Updated:4/1/14 4:45 PM

renren said... (4/1/14 9:05 PM) Reply
Beautiful dresses! Good tip for handling the silk and I do agree about you on the pockets. A sleek dress like this is better off without pockets, I think. Love both versions.
supizoo said... (4/1/14 6:40 PM) Reply
I Hope you plan on wearing your muslin as well as the 'real' dress. Both are fabulous. Ingenious tip regarding the showered silk!
ak21 said... (11/12/11 11:22 AM) Reply
i too love your plaid version...i love both but the plaid muslin rocks! excellent sew. well done.
FrenchCollections said... (9/20/10 4:19 PM) Reply
Beautiful ! I love the piping details...
lakaribane said... (8/18/10 2:43 PM) Reply
Wow, I really love the plaid one! You've been making some cute dresses..and giving me ideas! Thanks for the silk and plaid matching tips!
barebear said... (8/18/10 1:50 PM) Reply
Va va voom! The silk dress is gorgeous! It fits you so well. Totally worth the muslin! Thanks for the tip about the silk. Not that I think I'll be going anywhere near it any time soon, but when I do work up the nerve to use it, I'll keep that tip in mind. :)
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (8/18/10 9:42 AM) Reply
Gorgeous and you look stunning, fabulous fit!
narcissaqtpie said... (8/18/10 9:05 AM) Reply
both nice dresses! you look good
dingyadi said... (8/18/10 9:04 AM) Reply
The silk version is gorgeous - as was your muslin. Thanks for that tip about the silk - I didn't know that and it is very useful.
MissCelie said... (8/10/10 9:16 AM) Reply
I like it with the stripes. The might be one of the cutest muslins I've seen! And you're right about the fit in the bust. It's definitely got minimal coverage.
barebear said... (8/8/10 0:37 AM) Reply
So cute! I love the bodice part, and the kooky muslin fabric is really fun paired with this style of dress. I hope you keep this as a wearable muslin!
HLT said... (8/7/10 10:48 PM) Reply
Cute muslin!
ChristinePDX said... (8/7/10 4:36 PM) Reply
Amazing in plaid, love it.
Leora said... (8/7/10 2:07 PM) Reply
I was thinking how awesome that you pattern matched on a muslin. You should definitely wear it out, looks great. Love it!
pammieh said... (8/7/10 1:08 PM) Reply
This is adorable! I love it - great idea with the plaid and fantastic execution!
Kayseri said... (8/7/10 4:30 AM) Reply
The fit is lovely. I think the plaid is a stunning variation for this style and would be a cute day dress.
Rhonda Noah said... (8/6/10 8:50 PM) Reply
I think your muslin is really cute! I like it; it does have the TH look. Are you going to finish it and wear it?

Sewing Workshop Sandra Betzina Vest & Skirt Pattern