Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2908 (Women's Stretch Jeans)

Reviewed by:Kay Y

About Kay Ystarstarstarstar
ON CANADA
Member since: 11/21/04

Best Patterns of 2009
Posted on:8/14/10 8:09 PM
Last Updated:8/14/10 8:20 PM

See other patterns in this category: Pants
chrisquilts_2 said... (8/16/10 11:17 AM) Reply
love the waistband technique...thanks.
MNBarb said... (8/16/10 8:50 AM) Reply
I completely agree about the fit of these jeans. I felt a bit silly with the snug-snug bum. I will look at the changes you made when I make my next pair from stretch corduroy.
HLT said... (8/15/10 3:24 PM) Reply
Good review! Nice jeans!
DorothyK said... (8/15/10 1:28 PM) Reply
Both pair of jeans look wonderful on you. I love your reviews; they are so helpful. If I ever decide to sew jeans, your insights and comments will be a great help.
CSM--Carla said... (8/15/10 1:08 PM) Reply
Beautiful Jeans! I'm printing your review for my turn--it's so thorough. Thank you!
becca a said... (8/15/10 9:28 AM) Reply
Your jeans look fabulous! You have achieved great fit, and your waistband is so neat and square cornered. I love the picnic fabric pockets.
Rhonda in Montreal said... (8/15/10 9:03 AM) Reply
Love the crazy pocket print!
Elke said... (8/15/10 7:53 AM) Reply
Great looking jeans...very helpful review! Thanks for the tips on fixing the fit. I also appreciate the details on your waistband/facing technique. I will refer to your review when I make my first pair...thanks!
CarolynGM said... (8/15/10 5:03 AM) Reply
Your waistband facing technique is wonderful; I can't wait to try it. The jeans look fantastic on you.
Mazzygirl said... (8/15/10 4:33 AM) Reply
these look really good, you got a great fit for your efforts. I've just cut my paid out today, but I'm still hunting for rivets, can't seem to get them anywhere anymore! now that you've perfected the fit, you should sew some more! one can never have enough pairs of flattering jeans!
Annette1 said... (8/15/10 3:41 AM) Reply
GREAT review, as always, AND some FABULOUS jeans, both pair! :o)
Sigrid. said... (8/15/10 3:35 AM) Reply
Very good looking jeans. Great review, when I will try this pattern I will make sure to have extra seam allowances.
FreyaStark said... (8/15/10 2:59 AM) Reply
They look very smart and a great fit.
Liana said... (8/14/10 11:18 PM) Reply
They look great. I've only ever made 'jeans' by using my TNT Burda pants pattern in denim. Yours are REAL jeans, and very nice. I love the fun grasshoppers!
poplin said... (8/14/10 10:58 PM) Reply
Very helpful! Thank you.
Margie T said... (8/14/10 10:57 PM) Reply
Thanks for the great review and all the tips on how to fix the snug fit. Your jeans look amazing [as usual].
21wale said... (8/14/10 10:55 PM) Reply
I have bought this pattern and read all the reviews, but am undecided as to the size I want for a non-skin-tight fit. Thanks for the review. I must say, you got a very flattering fit and your stitching is very well done.
Terri A said... (8/14/10 9:59 PM) Reply
What a great review!
carolynw said... (8/14/10 8:50 PM) Reply
Kay this is a super looking pair of jeans - two actually - and your review is so helpful. I bought this pattern but have not yet had a chance to sew them - when I do your review will be right beside me. Willbe sure to add to the SA for sure as I do like to be able to sit without busting out the seams
JEF said... (8/14/10 8:15 PM) Reply
Absolutely super looking. They just look so good on you and your workmanship is admirable!

by: lauramae