Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> V8430 (UNLINED FELTED JACKET)

Reviewed by:rivergum

About rivergumstarstarstarstar
Member since: 12/17/06
Posted on:9/4/10 5:11 AM
Last Updated:9/4/10 5:13 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
Bunny7 said... (2/17/11 7:32 AM) Reply
I am getting ready to make this, I've waited long enough, and was so happy to find your very detailed review of Marcy's pattern. Thank you. Your jacket is stunning and makes me eager to get started on mine. Thanks again for a great review.
Annette1 said... (9/8/10 10:29 PM) Reply
WOW, you really dressed this jacket up! I love the details that you've added with your raincoat fabric, as well as the extra length. I've been wanting some boiled wool myself, and you've about talked me into it -- ha! I did find some in several colors online at Mood. :o)
ChristineBR said... (9/5/10 5:38 PM) Reply
I had made this and had some of the same concerns about the edges and the body. You did a great job of saving everything for the future! It 's a lovely coat.
Schnauzer said... (9/5/10 6:12 AM) Reply
What a lovely jacket!
Athene said... (9/5/10 5:25 AM) Reply
A wonderful jacket.
lesliez said... (9/5/10 0:22 AM) Reply
I love your version of this pattern!
lamstu said... (9/4/10 11:33 PM) Reply
Great jacket. Your idea to make the mitered corners first is one that I have used before. (To get even top-stitching on both sides requires hand basting for me.) I love seeing how you adapted this pattern to your own purposes!
sewbehind said... (9/4/10 5:57 PM) Reply
Me too, I'm surprised with the fabulous results and the pattern that you used. Looks great. Thanks to your review, this pattern is going on my wish list.
marthamyers said... (9/4/10 3:12 PM) Reply
Gorgeous - I love your interpretation of this pattern!
Elona said... (9/4/10 11:41 AM) Reply
Gosh, this looks SO much more attractive than the original! I mean, no comparison. I do agree with you about boiled wool. The stereotype is of a rather stiff, thick fabric, but it comes in many weights, and I love the ones that are just slightly heavier than a normal sweater. Saw a lot of them in France (and bought a shameful number). There are no facings; the edges of even the tailored-looked ones hold their line beautifully with just a row of topstitching about 1/4" from the cut edge.
moushka said... (9/4/10 11:18 AM) Reply
Love your jacket. I agree with clin - I did not recognize your version of the pattern. The added length would make it much more wearable for me, too. Thanks for figuring out just how much to add! The binding and belt work so well, brilliant addition.
carolynw said... (9/4/10 9:10 AM) Reply
Talk about a jaw dropping moment - I just love your jacket but when I realised which pattern you had used my re-action was "no way" - thank goodness I still have that pattern in my stash - this gives it a whole new dimension. Did I tell you already that I love your jacket!!

ADVANCED SLEEVE - A CD Book by Kenneth King