Online Sewing Class: Restyling with Exposed Zippers

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8581 (MISSES' TUNIC)

Reviewed by:yoshimi

About yoshimistar
NA JAPAN
Member since: 4/17/08
Posted on:8/23/10 7:22 AM
Last Updated:8/23/10 7:24 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 14 people

Catbird said... (8/25/10 10:42 AM) Reply
I am completely in love with this top, and your necklaces, styling, photos are all so wonderful. I think your reduction in the gathers and especially your perfect choice of fabric made this very high-end looking. I just love it and I WANT one!
Fran G said... (8/24/10 8:47 AM) Reply
I always get excited when I see that you have posted a review because I know I am going to love your project! And I love this one! You have the great instinct of knowing which patterns and which fabric is going to look perfect on you! This top matches you perfectly: soft, feminine but simple. Love it!! Thanks for the review!
Woolygal said... (8/24/10 7:48 AM) Reply
I agree with all the comments. It's lovely.
amy in mpls said... (8/23/10 10:29 PM) Reply
gorgeous, its so relaxed and refined! I love your work!
FreyaStark said... (8/23/10 9:10 PM) Reply
A very chic and distinctive top with a relaxed, bohemian feeling. Reducing the amount of gathering is a clever way to cope with not having enough fabric, and it has not spoiled the look of the top at all. I love your moody photography, too. Well done!
marec said... (8/23/10 7:46 PM) Reply
Pretty top, pretty outfit and pretty background. It looks like a magazine pic.
rebija said... (8/23/10 7:02 PM) Reply
I'm so glad you did this review. I'm not always sure about illustrations on pattern envelopes. This one turned out beautifully!
nellc said... (8/23/10 5:32 PM) Reply
Really lovely top!
MNBarb said... (8/23/10 4:22 PM) Reply
I don't know how you took a loose-fitting beige top and made it look wonderful, but you did. It looks great on you with your jeans and lovely jewelry. This must be your style.
AuntieShel said... (8/23/10 1:31 PM) Reply
Now you have done it, Yoshimi!!! The moment I saw the photo in the review gallery, I knew exactly what pattern this was and also knew that I will probably run out today and buy this pattern at full price (or as much full price as one is required to pay at JoAnn.) I have loved this top forever and seen all the wonderful renditions made by PRers, but have resisted because I dislike gathering. Now I have seen yours and have to have it. "Common" is not a word I would put in the same review with this top. Thoroughly enjoyed your blog entry, too--you are too funny!!
christea said... (8/23/10 1:29 PM) Reply
Wow-the result looks as good (and very much like) the picture on the envelope! How'd you manage the neck band? It looks so professional in your pic's.
cindyann said... (8/23/10 9:00 AM) Reply
That is so lovely! Excellent fabric and pattern pairing.
carolynw said... (8/23/10 8:49 AM) Reply
It's so beautiful - lessening the size did nothing to distract from the overall look - it's floaty and feminie and looks so good on you
Elke said... (8/23/10 8:01 AM) Reply
Very pretty top and it looks fabulous on you! Love the linen jersey too.
jennybaxt said... (8/23/10 7:54 AM) Reply
This is really pretty and the fabric looks lovely. I did not even know there was such a thing as linen jersey. I will look out for it now.
VtMartha said... (8/23/10 7:30 AM) Reply
Gorgeous top, Yoshimi! Why oh why can I never find linen jersey anywhere here!

More Knits