Online Sewing Class: Bust Adjustments

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 06-2010-140 (Off the Shoulder Blouse)

Reviewed by:snuzal

Sweater knit fabrics

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

snuzal said... (8/28/10 1:29 AM) Reply
An update: I wore it out today, with jeans. It doesn't feel too short wearing it now - although if I'd taken it up the 4cm like I should've, I would've been showing skin. I felt really good in it, and got a lot of compliments. Feeling ultra happy wearing it now!
Schnauzer said... (8/27/10 6:11 PM) Reply
Very pretty top, Emma. Lovely work!
snuzal said... (8/26/10 4:40 PM) Reply
Thanks ladies! Nice to know that from an outsiders point of view, the length is ok. I just prefer having tops a bit lower to cover the chubby part of my lower stomach lol. The tag I made myself, just on some printable fabric. All you have to do is print it, soak it in water and then iron it and tada! All done. I think the finishing is probably my favourite part of the top, it just looks so beautiful inside as well as out.
AnneMarie60 said... (8/26/10 3:18 PM) Reply
Beautiful and very flattering top, Emma! Oh, how I wish BurdaStyle would hire you to decipher instructions! Enjoyed viewing your finely done finish details!
barebear said... (8/26/10 11:15 AM) Reply
Oh oh oh I love it! I love the fabric you chose and the way the neckline sits (very flattering on you!), and I even like the length! Very good job, and I'm glad you were able to make it work into something you love! It's an "Emma Dream" top! :D
MNBarb said... (8/26/10 10:23 AM) Reply
Looks great on you. I think the shorter style is good for this top since its blousey-er (is that a word?) it might become overwhelming if it was longer. It sits nicely with the straight skirt. Thanks for showing all of the details. It inspires me to work on my finishing techniques when I see that RTW look.
nicegirl said... (8/26/10 10:14 AM) Reply
Very cute! I actually like it with the wide neckline but still on the shoulders, it creates a nice portrait look.
dingyadi said... (8/26/10 8:16 AM) Reply
Great top! Looks gorgeous.
waikikimum said... (8/26/10 7:36 AM) Reply
Oooh Emma love that fabric. Your top is gorgeous and where did you get that tag made. Very fancy!!
Annette Wright said... (8/26/10 7:28 AM) Reply
I love the closeup photos of your work, it looks wonderful. I really think the length is perfect, longer will work if it's pants maybe, but with the skirt it's just right on. And I do think a little waist sash/tie would work too. Such a cute top.
Rebecca D said... (8/26/10 6:28 AM) Reply
Looks great on you and I think the length works.
RoseFromThule said... (8/26/10 4:57 AM) Reply
Love it, it's nice and very cleanly finished :) (And your tag is really beautiful).
JenniferBee said... (8/26/10 3:46 AM) Reply
Very Nice. Love your cool tag!
margk said... (8/26/10 2:43 AM) Reply
Lovely top. I like your rolled hem. This pattern will be great for summer.

by: katlew03