Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1187 (Misses' Dress)

Reviewed by:Marge99

About Marge99star
Member since: 4/8/10
Posted on:8/29/10 8:42 AM
Last Updated:8/29/10 9:14 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
aradhana said... (9/13/12 10:02 PM) Reply
wow i like your choice of fabrics for the dress! i just bought this pattern, and am really looking forward to trying it out.
ButtonFaith said... (8/30/10 7:46 AM) Reply
I agree with the others that the belted version really works! This is the type of dress I would try just for the sake of creativity...you did a great job choosing fabrics, they are even better than the original!
mchick said... (8/29/10 1:27 PM) Reply
I love your description of yourself in the dress, but actually you look far, far better than the model, and it is definitely something that I would consider making for myself having seen your photos. Did I mention that you look amazing in it, and the belted version really works!
michellep74 said... (8/29/10 1:14 PM) Reply
I loved looking through your pictures of this--I actually really like it with the belt. Sounds like a fun project!
MasoumaRose said... (8/29/10 1:10 PM) Reply
I love the sleeves, I like the volume of the dress, and the fabrics you selected. The Koos van den Akker patterns very interesting to look at, but as you said, are not for the fainthearted.
AuntieShel said... (8/29/10 11:43 AM) Reply
Wow, I am so impressed that you made this pattern and even more impressed by how fabulous it looks. I just could not picture anyone wearing this dress until I saw you in it--perfection!!! Love the fabrics you chose and you wear it extremely well. Thank you for this candid review.
mastdenman said... (8/29/10 10:20 AM) Reply
I like the belted version. It's a nice dress, but you're right. It's not for the faint hearted.

by: SewWil