Pattern Reviews> Other> Wardrobe Contest 2010 (Wardrobe Contest 2010)

Reviewed by:sarahinlafayette

About sarahinlafayettestar
Member since: 7/17/08
Posted on:8/30/10 9:39 PM
Last Updated:8/31/10 10:51 AM

bananaoil said... (9/11/10 6:45 PM) Reply
I aspire to a wardrobe like yours. I already share your philosophy of clothes.
AnneM said... (9/10/10 9:26 PM) Reply
Great wardrobe (& great rules). I don't care how 'easy' things are to sew, I wouldn't be able to do most within a couple of weeks. I expect you will get a lot of wear from this wardrobe. It goes together great and seems very flexible.
Rosesred said... (9/7/10 11:05 AM) Reply
Love the free and relaxed look of your wardrobe. Great taste, and every single piece looks like it will get a lot of wear.
CTBarb said... (9/1/10 2:34 PM) Reply
An elegant wardrobe! You look great in every piece.
fattyboomboom said... (9/1/10 1:00 PM) Reply
You have a very beautiful wardrobe. Bravo for completing in TWO weeks! I especially like your lace tops.
WildWyoming said... (9/1/10 10:44 AM) Reply
Very nice wardrobe, and great job doing most of it in the last two weeks. It's stylish and flattering but also subdued which is nice because it the attention be on you and it looks like a wardrobe whose individual pieces may be worn for many years even with other items that may be trendy in the future. I like your use of the floral overshirt. I have some similar fabric that I have had no idea what to do with.
sandramary said... (9/1/10 6:27 AM) Reply
I really like all your pieces individually and together they are super stylish!
marthamyers said... (8/31/10 8:16 PM) Reply
Great colors and excellent pairing of pattern-fabric. It looks very current and highly wearable. Nice work!
marec said... (8/31/10 3:40 PM) Reply
Love the clothing, and the attitude! I admire your style.
DorothyK said... (8/31/10 12:59 PM) Reply
I love your wardrobe. Practical, comfortable, flattering, beautiful. The kind of clothing you will want to wear over and over. I love your rules too.
Nikkij said... (8/31/10 12:02 PM) Reply
I think you should win!
JEF said... (8/31/10 11:40 AM) Reply
"Fix the ones that are fixable, and pay as little attention as possible to the others." This is a wonderful attitude and one I try hard to follow too. I think you're wardrobe is great. I love that you could pull such a together look using stash. It all looks so easy to wear. Fantastic job.
sarahinlafayette said... (8/31/10 10:52 AM) Reply
Thanks everyone. I fixed the links - there were so many numbers!
RLL said... (8/31/10 10:45 AM) Reply
This is the perfect wardrobe. And I adore your attitude!
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (8/31/10 10:33 AM) Reply
Very elegant wardrobe, enjoy all your fabulous new clothes!
Kathy in NM said... (8/31/10 10:18 AM) Reply
Nice wardrobe! I like your color and fabric choices - isn't it great shopping your stash. The pants look really comfy!
carolynw said... (8/31/10 9:25 AM) Reply
Great work - love all your pieces
arianamaniacs said... (8/31/10 6:02 AM) Reply
Your combinations are really wearable and look comfortable. I bet you'll be getting a lot of wear out of these!
goosegreen said... (8/31/10 5:36 AM) Reply
Nice work. You've done a great job. Oh & BTW..the link for Simp 3786 takes me to Vogue 7994 and Simp 7994 (should that be Vogue??) takes me to Simp 3786. :)
treefrog said... (8/31/10 3:19 AM) Reply
Love the house rules - do you mind if I use them too? I'm impressed that you put such an excellent wardrobe together in 2 weeks. Stylish and comfortable!
jannw said... (8/31/10 1:32 AM) Reply
This is a great wardrobe! I want it....
3HoursPast said... (8/31/10 0:02 AM) Reply
I really like your good taste.
barebear said... (8/30/10 11:34 PM) Reply
Wow! Good job putting this all together in the last two weeks! It's taken me 3 months, and I'm still trying to finish at the last minute! I love your house rules, and it looks like you made a beautiful, comfortable wardrobe! I love the floral blouse! It's super pretty. :)
wsm2408 said... (8/30/10 9:53 PM) Reply
Impressive collection to produce in such a short time. Well done.
velosewer said... (8/30/10 9:41 PM) Reply
Love your rules. Great work. Planning does help get the garment to work - most of the time.

SewBaby Mitten Wraps and One Piece Hat Pattern