Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 07-2010-120 (Corset-Style Chiffon Dress)

Reviewed by:nicegirl

About nicegirlstarstarstarstar
DC USA
Member since: 5/10/06
Posted on:9/2/10 11:07 AM
Tenshi said... (9/6/10 4:51 PM) Reply
This is sooo helpful! Thanks a lot for this great review. I fell in love with the dress the moment I saw it, but when I read through the instructions, they seemed just too weird even by Burda standards so I didn't make it yet, hoping someone else would and make sense out of it. And so you did! It looks great, too, the silk chiffon is such a beautiful color.
Amy-may said... (9/6/10 1:21 PM) Reply
Wow, very nice! I guess I didn't look far enough to notice it was a knit/woven combo. Your fabric is loverly!
ChristineX said... (9/3/10 5:50 PM) Reply
Great dress!! And a great review, too.
Sharon1952 said... (9/3/10 8:48 AM) Reply
Wonderfully detailed review and a delightful little dress. I actually love the simplicity of the back- it is in stark contrast to what you see from the front. I think that is kind of interesting. Flattering color and shape on you nicegirl.
Grammy Gin said... (9/3/10 8:37 AM) Reply
Another winner! Looks great on you.
Kirstenw said... (9/3/10 0:55 AM) Reply
Just love this dress, and the style really suits you. This one is on my list I will just have to add sleaves
crisford said... (9/3/10 0:28 AM) Reply
Great job on your dress! I started making this and thought it was going to be a wadder. But I really loved the fabric I was using, so maybe I can use your very helpful tips. Thank you!
lakaribane said... (9/2/10 8:03 PM) Reply
I love it! And I'm happy to see we are on the same page: firs thing I thought was to make contrasting/complementary colors when I saw this one in the online preview. Thanks for all the details, though "low neckline" and "Burda" are almost interchangeable, non?
cabinbaby said... (9/2/10 3:25 PM) Reply
I didn't really give this one a second glance in the magazine but I LOVE your version!
Mufffet said... (9/2/10 2:58 PM) Reply
This is great - it looks terrific on you, and it looks so much like the pattern! ;) It looks cool and comfy as well. Instructions....Bbbrrrr....it's a good thing you can get your head around the line drawings and write your own!
michellep74 said... (9/2/10 1:09 PM) Reply
I love this dress! It's cute, trendy, and looks great on you! The line drawing for this one caught my eye in the magazine...I never would have guessed that the instructions for such a simple looking dress would be such a clusterf.
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (9/2/10 12:05 PM) Reply
Happy birthday and what a fabulous dress, thanks for very helpful review. I have lots of silk chiffon and never know what to do with it, this dress looks so lovely. And chic colour blocking too, great style. Enjoy!
crazygrad said... (9/2/10 11:48 AM) Reply
Very cool! I actually think the back- because it is pretty stark with the color divide- fits the aura of the shoes. Very helpful process. I'll probably never make this dress, but I certainly would use your steps if I did! Happy Birthday!

by: mnitts