Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2588 (Misses and Miss Petite Dresses)

Reviewed by:ClaireEmily

About ClaireEmilystarstarstar
WA United States
Member since: 9/28/08
Posted on:9/19/10 6:41 AM

Berniejh said... (11/11/10 8:31 PM) Reply
You've done a good job with this dress. I agree with your sisters, it's too big for you. Slim down those princess seams & show off that waist!
TanitIsis said... (9/21/10 12:51 PM) Reply
What about cinching it in at the waist with a belt? I love princess seams, but you can do almost endless fiddling with them, can't you? I love the colour and the cute little cap sleeves.
FreyaStark said... (9/19/10 6:10 PM) Reply
A very nice dress. I think the fit is all right, and it looks good as it is. If it fitted more closely it would be harder to layer. I agree with you about princess seams. In practice it is hard to get them to fit perfectly.
Mary Nanna said... (9/19/10 2:57 PM) Reply
Pretty dress - getting a good fit is such a challenge! That's a lovely style on you and worth a second crack to get it just so - still, you've made a great job of your first atttempt at it - you look great!
marec said... (9/19/10 11:11 AM) Reply
That blue is very flattering and I have always loved the blue and black combo. Linen can look crisp or casual-with this dress, the linen will go casual...and the fit can be loose and comfy. I agree that taking in a bit in the waistline might be nice. You could attach one of those clip half belts in the back to see what you think. It's a cute style and will be a great addition as your warm weather starts.
MNBarb said... (9/19/10 8:17 AM) Reply
You made the most of your erect posture by adding the black T and the boots. Wear your blue linen dress and enjoy it!
starryfish said... (9/19/10 7:23 AM) Reply
I like this dress, however I think your sisters are right. You are a pear like me, and we should show off our waistlines! It will be more flattering to be closer fitting. Some simplicity patterns have way too much ease, I have made several in at least 1 size smaller than the measurements suggest with success.

Sewing Workshop San Francisco Coat Pattern