Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8670 (Misses' Top)

Reviewed by:Michelle L

About Michelle Lstarstarstar
Member since: 1/20/08
Posted on:9/19/10 4:50 PM
Last Updated:9/22/10 8:50 PM

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

Ali M said... (12/31/10 9:04 PM) Reply
Thank you for the review - Im a beginning sewer and really liked this pattern with all the options but it sounds like I will skip this. Too bad because you made a great version 2, but I know I'd end up with shapeless lumps without the knowledge to alter patterns to fit my body!
pammieh said... (9/25/10 12:09 PM) Reply
Thanks - I have this pattern - and now I realize I'm gonna have to downsize - like all my Vogue patterns recently - seriously - Thanks for the good review. . . I love your result - but I spent an hour or two trying to tailor these knit patterns!! Dern it!! Great tips, though...
lyndle said... (9/23/10 6:35 AM) Reply
Oops sorry, duplicate comment
lyndle said... (9/23/10 6:35 AM) Reply
I second auntieshel's comment - the difference between the muslin and your final top is unbelievable. Fantastic job! And really helpful review too, thanks
renren said... (9/22/10 11:39 PM) Reply
I like your determination to make this work. Actually, I don't think the green one is too bad--it looks like what I generally end up with!!! But the morphed gray one--wowsa! Hit that one right out of the ballpark!
Margie T said... (9/22/10 11:34 PM) Reply
I like your top. Turned out really nice with all the hard work you put into it. I hope Vogue reads these reviews and takes heed. Somehow I doubt it.
RadarRadiance said... (9/22/10 10:10 PM) Reply
Your finished top looks great, glad you continued with it. Sizing can be a PITB :)
AuntieShel said... (9/20/10 9:38 AM) Reply
May I add my "wow"? The difference between the original Vogue muslin and the finished grey top are unbelievable. What is going on with Vogue? Thanks for this review!
michalklimer said... (9/20/10 1:20 AM) Reply
I've read the entire story... WOW! Anyhow, the result is just amazing!
ClaireEmily said... (9/20/10 0:58 AM) Reply
Well you won in the end! I love the black raglan with the grey sleeves. So much work! Thanks for your helpful review. =)
sewing for fun said... (9/19/10 10:34 PM) Reply
Thanks so much for the detailed review. Your version II looks great - glad you persisted. I have this pattern wnd will make good use of your experience!
ryansmumAria said... (9/19/10 9:21 PM) Reply
I really enjoyed reading all your details and am so impressed by your determination and final product! BRAVO!!!! It's amazing what you ended up with and it is so slimming. Your color/fabric choices were excellent . Thanks for taking all that time to share with us. I feel so inspired by you...
marec said... (9/19/10 9:10 PM) Reply
Thank you very much-this is a super helpful review. I especially was interested in your take on the turtleneck drafting. Christine Jonson has a good turtleneck draft, BTW.
Q Valley Mary said... (9/19/10 7:19 PM) Reply
I really like the way you combined two fabrics in your second top. While the pattern may not be so great, your results certainly were. Also a good way to use up some left over fabrics.
yorkshire lass said... (9/19/10 5:47 PM) Reply
The end result is lovely but then it should be since you worked so hard on it and parts of it aren't the original pattern. I just made this pattern up and would agree that its a bit of a dud. Thanks for a very helpful review. I am sorry that you had such trouble with this pattern.
Elona said... (9/19/10 5:16 PM) Reply
Wow. This pattern seemed to have a lot of interesting variations, so I bought it. Not sure I'll ever use it though, since this is the second negative review with regard to the collar shaping. Still, your final version is really very nice--as it should be after all your work!
Athene said... (9/19/10 5:07 PM) Reply
Well your top turned out really nice and is very flattering- but it was a lot of work - thank you for the review - I was interested in this pattern, but I think I will bypass it.
carolynw said... (9/19/10 4:56 PM) Reply
Your efforts and hard work turned out a very nice T - how frustrating it must have been for you. Very helpful review - thanks

Pattern Work