Pattern Reviews> Manequim> 605 (One shoulder dress)

Reviewed by:squirrellypoo

About squirrellypoostarstarstarstar
United Kingdom
Member since: 3/27/05

Posted on:9/14/10 8:00 AM
Last Updated:10/21/10 10:26 AM

Eyeadaba said... (10/22/10 3:50 PM) Reply
Wow, Melissa, what a beautiful radiant bride! Your dress is gorgeous, such an amazing achievement. Your Granny must have been bursting with joy to see such a glorious reinvention of her gown. Wishing you and your husband many happy years of marriage!
jent said... (10/22/10 12:49 PM) Reply
This is so special and so beautiful!
Nancy Rhodes said... (10/22/10 8:26 AM) Reply
May i also extend my Congratulations to you and yours. Beautiful gown. I especially enjoyed the photo of you with with your Grandmother. Thanks for sharing all. I feel like I attended on both sides of the big pond! a toast: May you have many wonderful blessed years together!
MaryDB said... (10/22/10 0:21 AM) Reply
How absolutely wonderful in every way! My very best wishes to you and your husband.
Sharonspils said... (10/22/10 0:21 AM) Reply
Congratulations and what a beautiful couple you make and love seeing the comparisons with your grandmother.
Terri A said... (10/22/10 0:09 AM) Reply
Elegant, lovely, beautiful... That photo! Your dress! Your smile!!!
no7262 said... (10/21/10 6:49 PM) Reply
You are truly AMAZING! You look so beautiful! Congrat's to the both of you! Nora :)
VirginiasDghter said... (10/21/10 5:22 PM) Reply
How gorgeous is that gown? Not to mention all that it represents! Love the pictures side by side. You look beautiful! Congratulations!!!!
bluenines said... (10/21/10 5:06 PM) Reply
a wounderful story and dress, what a great way to make your dress one of akind
carolynw said... (10/21/10 5:01 PM) Reply
You look absolutely radiant and the groom is no slouch either! The dress (gown) is just too beautiful for words. You did a superb job in every way
MNBarb said... (10/21/10 4:42 PM) Reply
What a great story of this wedding dress. You are beautiful in your gown and how wonderful to have a garment with so much history. Congrats!
marec said... (10/21/10 3:48 PM) Reply
oh Melissa, congratulations and best wishes. The dress turned out beautiful, as I knew it would. The blog entries were so fun to look through and the picture of your grandma kissing you is absolutely wonderful. You are such a dear.
Paris75008 said... (10/21/10 1:17 PM) Reply
What a perfect gown. I really enjoyed your blog posts describing the process. You are really amazing. You've done your Granny proud! You look absolutely radiant in your wedding photo!
michellep74 said... (10/21/10 12:58 PM) Reply
You look absolutely GORGEOUS! I've been following on your blog--thank you so much for sharing your process and these pictures with us!
Elona said... (10/21/10 12:20 PM) Reply
How beautiful! Congratulations to you on all the lovely, lovely sewing--and your wedding, of course.
mhk3boys said... (10/21/10 10:44 AM) Reply
Your wedding pics are beautiful, pretty ,wonderful, and looks like so much fun! I hope you will always remember your wedding day!
TanitIsis said... (9/18/10 1:57 PM) Reply
This has been so amazing to follow along with... I can't wait for the final pics. I have heard recommended for cleaning (or at least freshening) delicate fabrics, a mixture of vodka and water. Apparently this is what textile conservators use. Not sure what the exact mix was, however.
sewbehind said... (9/15/10 8:14 PM) Reply
Lovely sneak peak. Hope your wedding is all that you want it to be. Congratulations.
Lucy in Virginia said... (9/15/10 1:47 PM) Reply
My goodness, what a lovely dress! And congrats on the upcoming wedding. I can't wait to see you in it!
squirrellypoo said... (9/15/10 12:10 PM) Reply
thanks everyone!! Grammy Gin, the PA reception is in Lancaster, at the Arts Hotel/John J Jeffries (I'm from Perry County, though).
JillyBe said... (9/15/10 11:56 AM) Reply
What a delightful journey this has been to follow - big congratulations to you, and I look forward to pics of the big finale! :)
Grammy Gin said... (9/15/10 9:28 AM) Reply
I am looking forward to seeing all the wedding pictures also!! Only 3 more days to go now. Congratulats on your wedding & finishing your dress early! Where in PA are you having your 2nd reception? Best luck now & forever!!
becca a said... (9/15/10 7:43 AM) Reply
What an amazing process! Congratulations on the wedding (and of course the gown, too). I can't wait to see the photos.
Auntchelle said... (9/15/10 3:07 AM) Reply
I also have been following on your blog. I can't wait to see the final product. You have put a lot of your personalities into the wedding, now it's time to enjoy it. Have a great day on Saturday!
Luckylibbet said... (9/15/10 0:41 AM) Reply
Like Michelle, I've been following your process on your blog. Can't wait to see the final photos! You've been extraordinarily generous with your knowledge... this series is a great blueprint for anyone who wants to sew their own wedding gown (especially the piece on the underpinnings). Now: advice from a mom - take a big breath and ENJOY your wedding!
dingyadi said... (9/15/10 0:00 AM) Reply
That is such an awesome, and beautiful project. I can't wait to see pics of you in the dress after the event. And have the most wonderful wedding day(s).
rozzybabe said... (9/14/10 4:12 PM) Reply
As always you're an innovative & very informative sewer, & I know your dress will be fabulous. What's even more amazing is that you were blessed with healing of your serious illness, so I trust you're extremely thankful for that. Wishing you both much happiness.
AnneMarie60 said... (9/14/10 2:58 PM) Reply
Enjoyed reading about your deconstruction/restyling/construction process. You are going to be the most fashionable bride! Can't wait to see the dress on you. Best wishes to you and the groom!
michellep74 said... (9/14/10 12:12 PM) Reply
I've been following your progress with this on your blog, and I can't wait to see pics of you modeling your final dress--I know you'll look amazing in it. Have a great time at your wedding!
marec said... (9/14/10 11:13 AM) Reply
This is so much fun to read about! I've learned so much, and I feel a part of the process.
Iowa Hoodlum said... (9/14/10 10:52 AM) Reply
I'm just dying to see the completed gown. Only two weeks to wait. I'm so impressed!!
minggiddylooloo said... (9/14/10 10:38 AM) Reply
Looking forward to seeing your masterpiece! Best of luck on the wedding day and beyond!! :-D

Purse-Nickities Paper Pattern