Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 9671 Out of Print (Riding (Hacking) Jacket)

Reviewed by:MaryDB

About MaryDBstar
WA USA
Member since: 2/9/08
Posted on:9/18/10 1:00 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
megan sophie said... (6/23/11 6:58 PM) Reply
My mother made this exact riding jacket for me when I was showing my horse in the late 1970's. I have been looking for the same pattern to remake it again, ever since! This jacket is true to style unlike so many (poorly tailored) imports sold at equestrian outfitters.
Camerio said... (11/10/10 8:41 AM) Reply
Many, many years ago, my mother sewed the very same jacket for my sister for a riding competition in navy blue wool. Love to see this pattern used again.
Danvillegirl said... (9/19/10 11:03 AM) Reply
Well constructed and beautiful jacket. I am sure your DD will get lots of compliments.
lesliez said... (9/19/10 3:38 AM) Reply
I'll add my "Wow!" to the others in the comments. The jacket is stunning!
G_l_e_n_d_a said... (9/18/10 6:51 PM) Reply
Lovely. You have one very lucky daughter. Beautiful fabric!
Sabrina said... (9/18/10 6:05 PM) Reply
wow! That's impressive.....It's lovely
Erica B. said... (9/18/10 11:48 AM) Reply
That's a great jacket! I'm loving everything equestrian right now and that jacket is just fabulous!
annie11 said... (9/18/10 11:04 AM) Reply
Wow! Every detail is perfection. Congratulations on a show stopper.
jannw said... (9/18/10 9:00 AM) Reply
What a wonderful jacket! You did a great job! Love the list of materials and their origins.
marjenann said... (9/18/10 7:47 AM) Reply
That jacket is a masterpiece!!! What a very lucky daughter!
Terri A said... (9/18/10 2:20 AM) Reply
Very nice, WOW! What a great vintage look! The fabric looks really nice too. Amazing you got so much done with such a busy summer.
paloverde said... (9/18/10 2:10 AM) Reply
I love this pattern too. I bid on a copy of it (size 14 or 16) on Ebay last year, but someone outbid me. I don't think it appears for sale very often. You might put in a search.
marec said... (9/18/10 1:42 AM) Reply
That's lovely, and you certainly got all the details right. So important for those traditional details to be there!! Your DD is lucky to have a mom who sews-you saved quite a lot of money. Your DD might enjoy reading my blog entries lately which focus on trail attire, hazards, and subsequent lameness.
Dilly Deli said... (9/18/10 1:31 AM) Reply
WOW!!! I am so impressed!! Just beautiful!

Sewing Workshop Riviera Shirt Pattern