Online Sewing Class: Fit the Tee to a T

Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 4536 (Roman shades)

Reviewed by:dfr2010

About dfr2010star
FL USA
Member since: 3/27/10
Posted on:9/26/10 8:41 PM
Last Updated:9/27/10 2:02 PM

See other patterns in this category: Home Dec

jannw said... (9/27/10 11:36 PM) Reply
Looking good..I did have some shades once on a board and hated them..yours sound so much better
CCQ said... (9/27/10 12:14 PM) Reply
Awesome! Shades are on my to do list as well!
AnnieInNYC said... (9/24/10 2:49 PM) Reply
The shades are looking great. I may have some roman shades in my future, so I appreciate the review. Hope you will be able to show some photos of the shades installed on the windows when you are finished with them. Would love to see that!
dfr2010 said... (9/22/10 10:22 AM) Reply
crafty and 13: As Ren already knows, this is my first home dec project LOL What I already edited out of this review WIP is how I thought this looked easy and should have done it before! The instructions call for sewing the individual rings on by machine, and even that sounded like a bit more than I wanted to do. Of course, the instructions also have you attach everything to a board and put the board at the top of the window ... that's not happening either.
thirteenstitches said... (9/22/10 9:36 AM) Reply
I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product too. I do a lot of home dec also. You can sew the bone rings on by hand. Not really as bad as it sounds. Great deal on your fabric!
craftygamma said... (9/22/10 7:29 AM) Reply
Nice job! I am anxious to see the shade hanging. As a former custom drapery workroom provider, I have made many Roman shades, and you are right about the precise measurements required.
renren said... (9/21/10 10:49 PM) Reply
Such an awesome project. Love the fabric and dh is going to be thrilled with these!!!

by: JackieSue