Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> 1089 (Classix Nouveau 3 Graces T-Shi)

Reviewed by:Sigrid.

About Sigrid.starstarstarstar
Netherlands
Member since: 11/14/06
Posted on:9/21/10 4:50 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular
JDpenelope said... (2/6/11 7:59 AM) Reply
Excellent review and helpful, since I plan to make the cowl neck top. I might alter the sleeve to look more Jalie-like. Thanks for that comparison. Also, the fitting info is very helpful, since I have never made any garment by Hotpatterns yet. I did watch her video, too -- Otherwise, I'm not sure I would have figured out her instructions for the facing.
Lisabeth60 said... (9/28/10 7:45 PM) Reply
It is beautiful I think. I think it is amazing though that you call yourself "plus" size but your measurements are a size 12 with Hot Patterns? I'm a very beginner sewer - plus size- who finds a hard time finding patterns. Thanks for posting and sharing
Sigrid. said... (9/23/10 5:13 PM) Reply
Thanks for your nice comments ladies. @goodworks1: this is a very good idea. Never done that but it would certainly help. Must consider it for next time.
katie lynne said... (9/22/10 3:25 PM) Reply
Very pretty top, and beautiful fabric, Sigrid. I, also, appreciate this terrific review with your insightful thoughts about this pattern. I hope you'll share your next 'version'. Comment to 'goodworks1', what a great suggestion to maintain tucked-in wearing! This is what Donna Karan liberally promoted at one time. I think it makes good sense!
Luckylibbet said... (9/22/10 1:50 PM) Reply
Terrific review! Thanks for being so even-handed...
Diane333 said... (9/22/10 9:29 AM) Reply
Really loved your detailed and thoughtful review. Your 2 tops turned out beautifully. I really like the tops in the solid darker color and your daughter is very lucky to get both.
becca a said... (9/22/10 7:27 AM) Reply
Beautiful blouses!
GlobalMom said... (9/22/10 7:12 AM) Reply
Thanks for your comments about sizing. I've made other HotPatterns and had to sew them smaller than my measured "size" I've traced this one but not cut it out yet - will have to double check based on your feedback. I love how it looks!
Terri A said... (9/22/10 2:07 AM) Reply
Nice top Sigrid! Your version looks lovely.
Annette1 said... (9/21/10 9:50 PM) Reply
SUPER cute tees, although I hesitate to call them that, as they're much too nice to be called a mere t-shirt. :o) I had never noticed this pattern either -- UNTIL NOW! And I'm enjoying the video clip that you attached a link to right now. Great tops and great review!
Kayseri said... (9/21/10 9:42 PM) Reply
Lovely looking versions of these tops
newmama said... (9/21/10 7:49 PM) Reply
The fabric you used looks so comfy. I'm sorry the sizing didn't work out for you, but look forward to seeing your next version :)
goodworks1 said... (9/21/10 6:17 PM) Reply
Wonderful! I definitely like the changes you made to the shoulders.Thanks for showing these. And be sure to come back when you finish the next one. How do you think this would look with a low bustline? I get the impression that this top (twist/foldover) would look better with an attached panty to keep it pulled down.

by: divabuddha