Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3232 (Skort, cardigan & tank)

Reviewed by:Sew4Fun

About Sew4Funstarstarstarstar
Member since: 6/23/04
Posted on:9/24/10 0:13 AM
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Suits / Separates    Skirts

babysewalot said... (11/19/10 9:26 AM) Reply
I love the tank and thanks for the review. You're awesome : D
pfaffkj said... (9/26/10 1:32 PM) Reply
Thank you for a very helpful review. Great result -- your tank is gorgeous. I've had this pattern for eons, but never used it. Putting it on top of the list now . . . .
1SewSweet said... (9/25/10 8:47 PM) Reply
Just goregous! What a wonderful idea!
marjenann said... (9/25/10 4:37 PM) Reply
What a clever addition to the original pattern! Thanks for thinking outside the box!! I will definitely "steal" your idea!
Jane S said... (9/25/10 8:37 AM) Reply
Gorgeous top and great review. You'll be responsible for a lot of these patterns from KS being sold this year.
tatica said... (9/25/10 8:37 AM) Reply
Such an inspiring and helpful review! Thanks.
JillyBe said... (9/24/10 9:39 PM) Reply
You have done the nearly impossible - made a ruffly top w/ a feminine fabric so appealing to me that I actually want it! You brought everything together so perfectly - fantastic job! And thank you for such a helpful review!
jennybaxt said... (9/24/10 6:41 PM) Reply
This is lovely, and thanks for the instructions on how you did the lining.
JudiBee2 said... (9/24/10 5:23 PM) Reply
Thanks for all the great information. Those are some great tips especially making two, and stabilizing for the ruffle. It really looks cute
lynne1nor said... (9/24/10 4:14 PM) Reply
The ruffles look great! What a nice addition to a basic tank
Mirakel said... (9/24/10 11:41 AM) Reply
Yes, great incorporation of details. It looks beautifully made, so professional!
Paris75008 said... (9/24/10 9:38 AM) Reply
Wow that's clever. This top's a winner
MelissaB in WA said... (9/24/10 9:31 AM) Reply
Beautiful! What a fun tank top to wear for your upcoming summer.
MNBarb said... (9/24/10 9:09 AM) Reply
Looks really great! You're so right about the KS drawings, ho, hum. Your garments always look professionally made.
mhk3boys said... (9/24/10 8:22 AM) Reply
Very pretty!
becca a said... (9/24/10 7:45 AM) Reply
What a beautiful top! I love the way you incorporated the ruffles by combining patterns--a great touch!
JDpenelope said... (9/24/10 7:40 AM) Reply
Great morphing of patterns. I want to try this pattern, using your lining instructions, but I don't understand this sentence in your review: Folded the lining inside, wrong side together, then bound the neck and armholes. So the lining isn't bound? Is it held in place by the stitching of the ruffles? Sorry to be so dense -- but I have some nice, thin knits. Maybe I should add that I probably won't do the ruffles, though I like them on yours.
mssewcrazy said... (9/24/10 7:14 AM) Reply
I really love tanks as layering pieces and this is the ultimate beautiful one. I hope I can duplicate how you did the lining as it would make some of my thin knits work for shells if they were lined. I have lined lots of things before but only patterns that had directions and lining pattern pieces included. I definitely plan to try a lined tank in the future after seeing yours. It is fabulous.
ClaireEmily said... (9/24/10 6:05 AM) Reply
Very nice! The pattern looks so boring but your top is lovely!
Clareew said... (9/24/10 5:50 AM) Reply
I love this top. Very Classy
sewsunny37 said... (9/24/10 1:15 AM) Reply
I love this top! Very inspiring!
homejewel said... (9/24/10 0:42 AM) Reply
Beautiful! I love what you did to this plain tank pattern. I'll bet more people will follow your example after seeing your success!