Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1204 (Misses' Tunic And Pants)

Reviewed by:rutaliet

About rutalietstar
Member since: 8/10/08
Posted on:10/9/10 3:19 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 16 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Pants

Vesta Patterns

Aless said... (7/31/14 5:20 AM) Reply
This is absolutely stunning, esp. in that colour. I'm inspired to use the same myself. Just bought this pattern,though I've been eyeing it off for quite a while. Well done!
digs57 said... (10/29/10 3:23 PM) Reply
Very, very cool shirt - I like it!
rutaliet said... (10/11/10 4:45 PM) Reply
Response to chicaem29 - I am 5'5" tall. Just bear in mind that there is only the one closure under the bust, so if you plan to wear it as a dress you need to account for how you will keep it closed.
chicaem29 said... (10/11/10 1:40 PM) Reply
Thanks for this review. I have this pattern but wasn't sure about it (like you, more interested in making it than sewing it!). It looks great on you and it helps me a lot to see it on a real person. It's so long I might consider making it as a more of a tunic dress than a tunic shirt! May I ask how tall you are to get a sense of where it might fall on me?
Leslie Bonner said... (10/10/10 7:23 PM) Reply
You look wonderful in your weird fabric shirt. I love it! I have the pattern but then I have a lot of patterns I don't use. However, this review has convinced me to make it.
Helen near Sydney said... (10/10/10 6:52 PM) Reply
Your shirt looks fabbo and the 'weird' fabric suits the style perfectly. I'm going to try this one.
AuntieShel said... (10/10/10 2:14 PM) Reply
This shirt looks great on you and thanks so much for reviewing it, as most have made up the pants and not the top. I hear you when you said you were more interested in making it than wearing it. It does look fabulous on you!! I see a lightweight jacket when I look at the pattern.
Beek said... (10/10/10 12:19 PM) Reply
I am glad that you sewed up this shirt and took the time to write such a nice review. The shirt looks great and now I am probably going to have to buy the pattern!
annie11 said... (10/10/10 11:15 AM) Reply
You did a great job! This looks really sharp on you.
lamstu said... (10/10/10 10:06 AM) Reply
Thanks so much for the review of the only fall pattern that I considered buying this year. Your result is great and the way it looks on you makes me want one too! You say "big shirt" but I see "tunic" and I did not see that before. The fabric sounds interesting too. Maybe you'll wear it more than you think?
Rebecca D said... (10/10/10 8:57 AM) Reply
I think you look great in this shirt. Thanks for the review and the comment about the rating.
mylittleelephant said... (10/10/10 7:18 AM) Reply
Thanks a lot for pointing out this pattern, looks great!
Sarsez said... (10/10/10 7:11 AM) Reply
I really like it. I agree with the other comments. It looks better on real people than on the model. Well done.
Elona said... (10/9/10 8:49 PM) Reply
Your version is much more striking than the one on the envelope!
marec said... (10/9/10 7:48 PM) Reply
That is a wonderful tunic/shirt on you. I love the tucks and the fabric you used. And, this comment made me chuckle: " I was more interested in making the shirt than actually wanting to wear it." yep...me2 on some patterns.
marthamyers said... (10/9/10 7:19 PM) Reply
Wow! It's great to see this actually made up. Thanks so much for reviewing this tunic. Yours turned out great and looks wonderful with the pants you are wearing.
Athene said... (10/9/10 4:11 PM) Reply
Great results - looks very nice.
soupdragon said... (10/9/10 3:47 PM) Reply
This is great. It is so good when things look better on real people than they do on the pattern envelope. The fabric looks really good in the photo.
frame said... (10/9/10 3:26 PM) Reply
Wow, thanks for this review. It's such a great shirt. Do you think a soft drapey fabric is better for this than a cotton shirting or linen?

by: Jstarr4250