Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6176 (Backpack, Bag, Case in 3 Sizes)

Reviewed by:anetJay

About anetJaystar
IL USA
Member since: 3/13/08
Skill level:Expert/Couture
Posted on:10/11/10 7:55 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
See other patterns in this category: Accessories
anetJay said... (7/20/11 7:41 AM) Reply
I got this info from the McCall's website: BACKPACK, BAG, CASE IN THREE SIZES AND CHARM: Package includes patterns and instructions for charm A, 41/2" x 41/2", contrast mouth, teeth and purchased buttons for eyes; case B in three sizes: small, 31/2" square, medium, 51/2" x 3" and large, 6" x 31/2"; bag C, 14" x 11"; backpack D, 10" x 13", front pocket and contrast bands; case B, bag C, backpack D are lined; bag C, backpack D have inside pocket; measurements are approximate and exclude straps.
PumpkinFairy said... (7/19/11 5:42 AM) Reply
What are the dimensions of the completed bag? I was thinking it might work for a diaper bag?? :)
anetJay said... (10/15/10 5:56 AM) Reply
thank you Lynne :) My "middle" daughter , who is 32 said that she would LOVE one for her laptop...so, it looks like I will be making another one :) probably without the charm !!! lol :)
lynne1nor said... (10/14/10 12:47 PM) Reply
Nice bag and the charm is really cute, too!
anetJay said... (10/13/10 6:02 AM) Reply
oh yessss....this would make for great Christmas presents !!! There was one decent inside pocket that was divided into two sections. I would maybe add some sort of tie closure to the inside top so that it wouldn't slide out when lying flat maybe?? I don't travel with my laptop, so I don't know if that might be a concern or not?? Thank you for your comments :) gotta love those 99cent pattern sales !!! lol
JTink said... (10/12/10 8:37 AM) Reply
I also picked up this pattern on the last round of sales. So glad you reviewed this. I'm thinking...Christmas presents!
techmom95 said... (10/12/10 8:01 AM) Reply
I just picked this pattern up too - I was wondering if the size would work for a laptop, since the pictures on the package looked like they were made up for kids. Thanks for your review!

More Knits