Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1183 (Misses' Dress)

Reviewed by:knitmachinequeen

About knitmachinequeenstarstarstarstar
Member since: 9/3/07
Posted on:10/14/10 11:19 PM
Last Updated:10/17/10 9:10 AM
Sue Parrott said... (1/16/14 9:46 PM) Reply
i am so impressed with your result. I need to make a FBA and also about the same size you did. Glad to see a curvy girl looking stunning in this dress!
Sweetiebop said... (2/19/11 10:09 PM) Reply
anncie1 said... (2/19/11 8:18 PM) Reply
luv it!!
KMangum said... (1/28/11 3:05 PM) Reply
Really helpful review with the full-bust photos, so thanks. I'm glad you spent the extra time as the dress fits you so nicely, and is very flattering.
pauladaniel said... (10/26/10 2:23 PM) Reply
Girl - You ROCK that dress! Keep up the inspiration for the rest of us... like me
Danvillegirl said... (10/23/10 10:02 AM) Reply
Your dress looks great. I have been working on this dress about same time as you. I wish I had known this asI would have used your FBA method. I also wish I had ubterfgace the front pieces also. Your dress loos marvelous on you!
rosecy said... (10/21/10 7:44 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress! You look "Wow"!
Leora said... (10/19/10 1:10 PM) Reply
I was wondering how this would work with a blouse, and you did it good! Perfect!!
CarolynGM said... (10/19/10 11:20 AM) Reply
Great fit. Your alterations worked perfectly.
AnneM said... (10/18/10 7:40 PM) Reply
You are ready for Washington. Great dress, classic style, wonderful fit.
ggf2005 said... (10/17/10 11:27 PM) Reply
lol boobage! you my friend have done it again...fabulous! oh yeah this one is in my stash!
mhk3boys said... (10/17/10 10:26 PM) Reply
Wow! What a pretty dress and great fit! Your photos of the FBA are great!
knitmachinequeen said... (10/17/10 9:01 PM) Reply
Thank you all for your lovely comments!
vespabelle said... (10/17/10 6:45 PM) Reply
I love your daytime look!
Annette1 said... (10/17/10 2:26 PM) Reply
BEAUTIFUL dress for a BEAUTIFUL lady. Great review, too, with helpful photos of the dreaded FBA. :o)
Heatherrique said... (10/17/10 12:35 PM) Reply
You are definitely Lovely, Beautiful, and Dazzling in your LBD dress!
Beek said... (10/17/10 10:50 AM) Reply
Great LBD. I, too, have this pattern and now I am looking forward to sewing it up!
1SewSweet said... (10/17/10 8:52 AM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful! I really need to learn the FBA. Your dress fits perfectly and looks goregous on you!
Schnauzer said... (10/17/10 0:52 AM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous!
FreyaStark said... (10/16/10 6:52 PM) Reply
An elegant and versatile LBD, and a great fit as well.
Christas said... (10/16/10 6:41 PM) Reply
Each of the looks are wonderful. The dress is such a nice fit and flatters your figure beautifully. You look so lovely!
Leslie in Austin said... (10/16/10 1:19 PM) Reply
You gorgeous creature!
Scheryka said... (10/15/10 4:15 PM) Reply
Love the look and pop of the day time look. Yummy purple.
cmarie12 said... (10/15/10 2:01 PM) Reply
What a beautiful dress! And I love how you showed all the various looks - the dress actually looks different in each situation! Great job!
sewnsewtoo said... (10/15/10 1:50 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress. Fit is perfect. I agree the daytime look is great.
michellep74 said... (10/15/10 1:47 PM) Reply
Gorgeous! You look stunning in this dress!
jewelsew said... (10/15/10 1:35 PM) Reply
Looks great and I especially appreciate the FBA help.
RLL said... (10/15/10 12:53 PM) Reply
This is simply lovely. The fit couldn't get any better and the daytime idea is genius!
Barbara V said... (10/15/10 10:12 AM) Reply
Gorgeous LBD! I'm impressed with your FBA adjustments and how perfectly it fits and flatters your figure. Lovely work!
4u2cme said... (10/15/10 9:49 AM) Reply
The look is just marvelous!! The FBA is dead on not for the faint of hear. I'm just loving your LBD. This is a great review with very detailed tips & photos.
ingysoup said... (10/15/10 9:20 AM) Reply
Great review. I had to chuckle out loud at your notion that the FBA wasn't for the faint at heart. I always have a HUGE FBA to do on everything, and it's a great deal of work. I am so happy for you that yours turned out to fit you like a glove! I love your styling - Michelle ain't got nothing on you! Look forward to seeing your next incarnation of this dress!
Kim12469 said... (10/15/10 8:47 AM) Reply
Wow! What a gorgeous dress on you! Thank you for the detailed FBA information.
Paris75008 said... (10/15/10 8:05 AM) Reply
Great LBD! Your styling is simple and elegant, especially the daytime look. The dress is completely transformed! Knockout FBA and topstitching! Well done!
Mazzygirl said... (10/15/10 8:02 AM) Reply
Lovely, this dress is so worth making isn't it? never thought this would look so good with the blouse under it, but surprisingly that's my favourite look! lovely result, I definitely think you should make another for summer now that you've perfected the fit.
Lynnelle said... (10/15/10 7:22 AM) Reply
Fabulous! I love every look. Very well done!
Ellenatlga said... (10/15/10 6:34 AM) Reply
Oh my! totally gorgeous! Your FBA was a complete success, dress fits you so well. (you should teach classes :)
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (10/15/10 5:57 AM) Reply
The perfect LBD. You achieved the perfect fit for your body and styled your looks to perfection. Heidi, Micheal Kors and Tim Gunn would be impressed! You are a very classy lady knitmachinequeen.
mz.choize said... (10/15/10 1:13 AM) Reply
Yes First Lady you did that!!! Awesome job on the styling, two thumbs up on the alterations. A great LBD indeed.
VirginiasDghter said... (10/15/10 0:39 AM) Reply
You look FANTASTIC! Love the daytime look. The blouse really pops! Great looking LBD!
annie1129 said... (10/14/10 11:39 PM) Reply
Aroura said... (10/14/10 11:36 PM) Reply
Wow, this is a terrific dress and a perfect fit! I'm so glad I don't need to do FBA's, that looks like a LOT of work. Beautiful outcome! Yay! :D
AnitaJJ said... (10/14/10 11:31 PM) Reply
Gorgeous creation! And it fits you beautifully. (And lovely posing, photography and composite!) Very nice!
EleanorSews said... (10/14/10 11:25 PM) Reply
Absolutely elegant! Rachelle, you are stunning. The perfect LBD.
All About Linings