Online Sewing Class: Bust Adjustments

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8550 (MISSES' COAT AND BELT)

Reviewed by:ak21

About ak21starstar
AUSTRIA
Member since: 5/11/10
Posted on:6/26/13 11:15 AM
See other patterns in this category: Outerwear

Other Projects by ak21 using this Pattern

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

ak21 said... (6/27/13 3:25 AM) Reply
thanks ladies - it is now finished!! see the other V8550 review as i left it for reference!
wildberrymom said... (6/27/13 2:55 AM) Reply
Hang in there--it looks like this is headed for stunning!
wimmie said... (6/27/13 1:01 AM) Reply
as christas said some of our most challenging work that makes us want to give up, end up being our can't put it down favorites. don't give up it's going to be beautiful.
Cuffs said... (6/26/13 4:14 PM) Reply
What a big fat bummer to have to take in so much on a garment with all those pleats so close to seams!! It will be a pain to fix, but it's really going to look fabulous when you're done.
Ghainskom said... (1/9/11 5:02 AM) Reply
I hope you're still working on this project and I'm sure the final result will be worth it!
Annette1 said... (10/17/10 1:02 AM) Reply
Once you fight your way through this little beauty, it will be well worth it! The fabric, color and styling are beautiful. I'm glad you're sticking with it. Besides, you can't let all your work on those TUCKS go to waste. :o)
Christas said... (10/16/10 6:51 PM) Reply
Ooooh! It looks so gorgeous so far! I hope that you will continue on with the project. I had a dress that I made that fought me all the way. In the end it turned out to be one of my very favorite dresses ever. I hope the same will happen to you with your lovely coat.
rivergum said... (10/16/10 4:34 PM) Reply
Sorry about your frustrations. I have had them too with some of Vogue patterns, jackets especially, and i don't trust them any more. I try to make a cheap wearable muslin first if I must sew a Vogue pattern. Otherwise I stick to Burda. FWIW, I think your coat is coming along nicely and if you persevere you might end up being happy with it.
rivergum said... (10/16/10 4:32 PM) Reply