Pattern Reviews> Burda> 5056 (Men's Shirt)

Reviewed by:PatrickS

About PatrickSstar
United States
Member since: 9/8/05
Posted on:10/17/10 7:59 PM
Last Updated:10/18/10 11:53 AM

PatrickS said... (10/20/10 9:13 PM) Reply
Joan, This is an out of print pattern. I probably purchased it on EBay quite a long time ago. This is the second shirt I have made with it. Hope you can find it!
Vintage Joan said... (10/19/10 8:36 PM) Reply
Thanks for your first review, Patrick! This is a very interesting shirt. Do you happen to have a link to the pattern information? I Googled the pattern number but couldn't find anything.
Peggy L said... (10/19/10 7:33 PM) Reply
Welcome to PR!! Thanks for reviewing this interesting pattern. Lots of creativity!!!! One of these days I am going to get brave and make a shirt for my adult son.
Annette1 said... (10/18/10 7:15 PM) Reply
Congratulations on your first review, and hopefully there will be many more to come. :o) GREAT looking shirt, with PERSONALITY! :o)
Leora said... (10/18/10 6:42 PM) Reply
MrNew, choice of color and patterns is a matter of individual taste and I'm not sure why you are asking for clarification as to why he chose this combination. In fact, a pop of color is often a welcome sight in an otherwise harried or dull day, don't you think?
MrNew said... (10/18/10 2:04 PM) Reply
Review is great, I've found the pattern locally and I'm going to give it a try. What's nice about sewing one's own clothes is that no one has to like what you do - but you. Shirt was well done, but I don't understand the color choices, nor how the chosen combo "works". I'm not being critical, I just want to understand your thoughts. To me it is an unsettling and unattractive choice of colors and patterns. so if you have time, I'd appreciate a follow-up post explaining your thought process. There is more to sewing than the sewing and I genuinely am interested in your perspective. Was it the colors, the pattern, how it looks on you, how it makes you look, what it 'says' about you, or what? Please discuss if you can. Thanks.
arianamaniacs said... (10/18/10 8:43 AM) Reply
interesting pattern! it reminds me of the 1 piece sweater with sewn-in blouse combos for women, but here it's a vest/shirt.
Leora said... (10/18/10 0:49 AM) Reply
Great first review! This looks like a good pattern and your rendition is well done! Hope you post more of your work.
renren said... (10/17/10 11:02 PM) Reply
This looks like the perfect shirt pattern. Congratulations on your first review and I hope to read many more!
Terri A said... (10/17/10 10:29 PM) Reply
Interesting fabrics and interpretation.

Merchant & Mills Top 64