Pattern Reviews> Silhouette Patterns> 600 (Classic Blouse)

Reviewed by:pterion

About pterionstarstar
Member since: 11/29/04
Posted on:10/17/10 11:01 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 16 people
LaurieEm said... (10/24/10 9:13 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review - it's good to see one that's recent. I think your shirt looks cute on you. I too tried this one, and wondered whether I chose the wrong size. Mine was a wearable muslin semi-wadder: I wore it about 3 times and ditched it. I think I erred on the small side, again not knowing. Of course with shallow seam allowances I hadn't much room and well ... meh. I decided not to try it again. There are many other patterns in my stash.
AnitaJJ said... (10/19/10 0:55 AM) Reply
Sorry you struggled with the fit. I agree with Loreo that it would like nice as an overshirt with a cami underneath... It looks very professional. The sleeve button is a really interesting detail I've not seen before. Your shirt looks really nice.
Laurie Lou said... (10/18/10 3:40 PM) Reply
I would wear it with a t-shirt underneath or a cami and wear it open. It would probably work great for you like that. I'm in agreement. Looks professional not home made.
Christas said... (10/18/10 9:32 AM) Reply
Thanks for the heads up on the sizing issues. This pattern does have a lot of potential in a smaller size for you. Your sewing is beautiful and this will still be nice to layer over other garments as an over-sized shirt.
Darla in PA said... (10/18/10 7:45 AM) Reply
I can't tell that the shirt looks handmade at all. It does look big on you. However, perhaps all isn't lost as maybe you could wear it as a shirt jacket.
FreyaStark said... (10/18/10 2:35 AM) Reply
It looks like a promising pattern in spite of your reservations. No doubt your next effort will be even better!
Terri A said... (10/18/10 0:47 AM) Reply
Sorry it didn't turn out exactly how you wanted - it's still cool and would look great a size or two smaller. I would still wear it baggy tho:-) I love oversized shirts!
marec said... (10/17/10 11:26 PM) Reply
It's a great shirt Terry. I think you will love your next version. I really like the cuff treatment as I think it adds a feminine touch.
RadarRadiance said... (10/17/10 11:20 PM) Reply
It looks like a nice pattern on you and doesn't look home made at all. It does look a little big, I bet the next smaller size would look perfect, the lines fit you very nice and a great job sewing.
JEF said... (10/17/10 11:14 PM) Reply
Excellent review - thanks.
renren said... (10/17/10 11:06 PM) Reply
Well, although it doesn't sound like the perfect pattern, perhaps, I do like hearing that is is a "non-intimidating introduction to shirt-making." I also like the cup size options on the pattern. Thanks.

Favorite Things The Classic Shirt Pattern