Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> 1114

Member since: 10/5/06
Posted on:10/26/10 7:45 PM
Last Updated:10/27/10 1:57 AM

CoutureDiva said... (2/4/11 9:30 PM) Reply
I just bought fabric for that pattern. I'm not understanding exactly what the error is. Please help.
Clareew said... (10/28/10 5:00 PM) Reply
Great review for a brilliant garment. Love it. :)
pammieh said... (10/28/10 1:25 AM) Reply
I never gave this pattern a second look - but I love it! Great job!!
Christas said... (10/27/10 9:04 PM) Reply
Both tops are so pretty! Thanks so much for the heads up on the error in the pattern.
Jane S said... (10/27/10 8:46 PM) Reply
Love the drape on this pattern. Looks wonderful!
Annette1 said... (10/27/10 5:37 PM) Reply
Your daughter has the PERFECT figure for this top. SO DANG CUTE! :o)
Lucy in Virginia said... (10/27/10 4:21 PM) Reply
These tops are very elegant! I could easily dress them up to go out. Lovely job and thanks for the review!
crisford said... (10/27/10 3:21 PM) Reply
mhk3boys: I think the sizing is right to measurement. I could wear the 6 that I sewed, but the fabric I used really shows every bump underneath, even with the gathers, and I don't want all the outlines of my tummy showing. In a cotton, I don't think it would be as much of an issue. Thanks for the great compliments, everyone!
mhk3boys said... (10/27/10 11:41 AM) Reply
Thanks Nancy K for the pleat info! I wrote your directions down.
mhk3boys said... (10/27/10 11:40 AM) Reply
Thanks Nancy K for the pleating info! That was real confusing also!
mhk3boys said... (10/27/10 11:38 AM) Reply
Your dd top looks so awesome on her! I traced this pattern out on plastic sheeting and noticed the huge printing error also. Is this pattern pretty close in the fitting area? As in is it close to measurements?
Nancy K said... (10/27/10 8:18 AM) Reply
Now I can see how cute it is on your dd! A little longer and it would make a cute mini dress for her. The rich colors are very flattering on your dd.
Rebecca D said... (10/27/10 6:49 AM) Reply
The bright red is simply stunning on your daughter. Both the top and your daughter are gorgeous.
Kayseri said... (10/27/10 4:57 AM) Reply
Wow these are terrific, your daughter must be so happy.
Lori V said... (10/27/10 4:41 AM) Reply
Fantastic tops, thanks for all the information on the construction and pattern lines.
babsi1111 said... (10/27/10 1:49 AM) Reply
this top is so adorable, especially on your beautiful daugther!
crisford said... (10/26/10 11:55 PM) Reply
Sorry about forgetting to change the access settings! They are fixed now. Nancy, thanks very much for the info! I never would have guessed this is how it was supposed to work.
Nancy K said... (10/26/10 9:45 PM) Reply
Unfortunately I can't see the larger picture as your Yahoo account is not open to the public. I traced this out and couldn't figure out the pleats either, so I emailed Trudy and got a diagram back. The notches line up as follows: the first notch which is single, lines up with the first of the next two notches. The seconds one lines up with the first of the next two etc.
michellep74 said... (10/26/10 9:03 PM) Reply
Super cute! I love how the sleeves look on this made up. I have this pattern too--it's on my fall sewing list, but haven't made it yet.
Elona said... (10/26/10 8:31 PM) Reply
The tops are both visible on your blog, and they are very pretty. However, it would be helpful if you included in your review here at pr a clickable link to your completed garment (when I tried it, all I got was invitation to start a flickr account), and if there were also a link to the pattern illustration, since this is the first review of this pattern.
ladybirdlove said... (10/26/10 8:21 PM) Reply
Very nice! Pretty, yet edgy.
AnneMarie60 said... (10/26/10 8:20 PM) Reply
Cute, cute tops! Love the rich-colored knits. Your daughter is beautiful!

Pin-up Girls 1230