Pattern Reviews> EvaDress> E40-6111 (1945 Ladies' Dresses)

Reviewed by:lauramae

About lauramaestar
Member since: 4/28/09
Posted on:11/2/10 8:28 PM

Other Projects by lauramae using this Pattern

SheriF said... (11/4/10 8:07 AM) Reply
Beautiful job. The fabric suits the style perfectly. You wear it well.
Paris75008 said... (11/3/10 1:29 PM) Reply
Absolutely splendid! The style and color are just perfect on you and you look simply stunning. Well worth all the hard work. Thank you for such a detailed review. It was really helpful.
AuntieShel said... (11/3/10 11:19 AM) Reply
You are beyond stunning in this creation. Excellent review. I did not think that cotton/wool challis was made anymore. I believe many years ago someone trademarked a name for their version of this fabric, which escapes me right now. Thank you for reviewing this pattern. I am going to try tracing onto muslin for the pattern. I have never thought of this and can see how it would be easier to cut. Would love the see the long version of your dress too!
Hilary said... (11/3/10 9:53 AM) Reply
What a beautiful dress! I love the peplum; this reminds me of a peplum jacket (and skirt) I made in the early 90's to attend my DB's wedding-even the fabric is very similar. Lovely!! Thanks for sharing, you look gorgeous in your new dress!
Andreahg said... (11/3/10 8:17 AM) Reply
What a beautiful dress! This pattern is on my to-sew list, so I will now be armed with your very detailed review. THANKS!
UrbanSeamstress said... (11/3/10 3:11 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! I am a real fan of vintage patterns. It never ceases to amaze me how well they FIT as opposed to most modern patterns that I've tried ...
Terri A said... (11/3/10 0:55 AM) Reply
Just fantastic!
Kayseri said... (11/2/10 11:14 PM) Reply
This is a beautiful dress and fits you like a dream. The fabric colour may not have been your first choice but it suits you well.
Erin D said... (11/2/10 10:56 PM) Reply
What an amazing dress. I totally agree that 40s dresses have fabulous designs.
LJane said... (11/2/10 10:50 PM) Reply
Very beautiful dress!
jilly cooper said... (11/2/10 10:37 PM) Reply
absolutely lovely!!! and your details are very helpful.
Christas said... (11/2/10 9:54 PM) Reply
Oh, my! This is stunningly GORGEOUS! You look absolutely beautiful wearing your lovely creation. Thanks so much for sharing your excellent review.

by: abbijane