Online Sewing Class: Sewing Basics

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1194 (Misses' Dress)

Reviewed by:yoshimi

About yoshimistar
NA JAPAN
Member since: 4/17/08
Posted on:11/3/10 9:19 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
dorothyn said... (1/4/11 10:04 PM) Reply
I just LOVE your fabric choice. You did a lovely job on this, and it suits you beautifully.
JETrinity said... (12/8/10 6:16 PM) Reply
Your dress looks so soft and feminine. Great job
yoshimi said... (11/7/10 9:57 PM) Reply
Thank you for your comments!>ukdame, No, I didn't used my serger for binding the fabrics. (I think it is no problem to sew this dress with serger but I just didn't do it this time.)
carolynw said... (11/7/10 9:27 AM) Reply
Love this dress - the fabric makes it look so ultra femine and floaty - like others I think it looks more like a chiffon - the results are gorgeous
MarianS said... (11/4/10 9:36 PM) Reply
Really nice! I have this pattern and keep trying to think about what fabric to use. I love yours! I will definitely look for a more sheer knit than I've been considering. BEAUTIFUL!
susiestitcher said... (11/4/10 2:30 PM) Reply
This looks fabulous on you, and your fabric choice is beautiful. I agree with everyone else -- the fabric looks like chiffon. Thanks for sharing such a lovely creation. Now I want one!
Christas said... (11/4/10 0:40 AM) Reply
So gorgeous and you have made the perfect fabric choice for the pattern! It looks so nice on you!
ukdame said... (11/3/10 11:59 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress on you and perfect fabric. I am envious of your fabric choices in Japan. Personally I hate sewing knits myself. Did you use a serger for any part of it. I will have to check out your blog.
QuiltSewSewSue said... (11/3/10 10:56 PM) Reply
Very pretty dress - much nicer that the one on the pattern cover!
Catbird said... (11/3/10 8:17 PM) Reply
You are such a good fabric / pattern matchmaker! I would never have imagined this dress in this fabric, but now that I see it, I love it. It's so distinctive and seems perfect to me. I'm a fan of your work!
yoshimi said... (11/3/10 6:34 PM) Reply
Thanks for all comments, you lovely ladies! As I can't send PM on PR site, pardon me for replying you here.>AuntieShel, I didn't line it. I made an under dress for it too. And, I use polyester filament threads for most of my jerseys. Common spun threads are not so good for stretch fabrics, IMO.>donna mel, I bought it at "Pachira" in Nippori town in Japan. Nippori is the most famous fabric town in Japan.
FreyaStark said... (11/3/10 4:04 PM) Reply
Well done - a lovely dress that fits you perfectly.
portercs said... (11/3/10 2:04 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress! I may have to pick up this pattern.
dingyadi said... (11/3/10 1:57 PM) Reply
I think your version has become my favourite version of this dress - it is beautiful - that fabric! Wow.
SueV said... (11/3/10 12:43 PM) Reply
really cute. I think I need to make one of these. Thanks for the review!
donna mel said... (11/3/10 12:20 PM) Reply
I can't believe that fabric is a knit...it looks like a sheer chiffon or something. SSOOOO cute! Where did you buy the fabric?
missyyz said... (11/3/10 12:04 PM) Reply
Totally cute !!! I really love the fabric.. and the construction looks amazing. Good job. I want it !
Knitters Delight said... (11/3/10 12:03 PM) Reply
I saw this one on your blog. It came out so wonderful. The sheer fabric doesn't look like it has a 2-way stretch. It gives this pattern a whole new look. Great job!
1SewSweet said... (11/3/10 11:45 AM) Reply
Very nice dress! I love the fabric!
michellep74 said... (11/3/10 11:11 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! It's nice to see this made up in a print. Love your fabric!
RLL said... (11/3/10 11:11 AM) Reply
Very pretty dress. Your fabric was such a nice choice. This pattern seems to work on everyone too....both the thin and thick gals.
AuntieShel said... (11/3/10 11:07 AM) Reply
OMG, Yoshimi, this dress is fabulous!!! Love the fabric you chose--did you line it? The fabric is so perfect, has interest with the dots, yet shows off the design of the dress!!! What is the type of thread you used?
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (11/3/10 10:06 AM) Reply
Beautiful fabric, love the subtle polka dots. Very pretty dress.
SansSouci572 said... (11/3/10 9:54 AM) Reply
Easy to sew? It doesn't look like it, good job, nice fabric, like your color choices too.

by: becca a