Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6071 (Misses' Dresses In 2 Lengths)

Reviewed by:AnitaJJ

About AnitaJJstar
FL USA
Member since: 7/6/08
Posted on:11/6/10 1:21 PM
Last Updated:11/7/10 4:15 PM

KatC83 said... (11/9/10 2:49 AM) Reply
Wow! You look stunning in that dress. All your fitting, cutting and altering has paid off!
ryansmumAria said... (11/8/10 10:16 PM) Reply
oh wow! pretty everything you make is so super sexy
JillyBe said... (11/8/10 3:56 PM) Reply
LOVE that fabric, & love the dress too! I concur with everything marec said about fit adjustments (I have similar issues, & make similar adjustments for my body). I also think a bit shorter would have better proportions, but overall I think you did a great job!
Patti B said... (11/8/10 10:45 AM) Reply
Congrats on transforming the skirt into this cute dress. It looks good from here but I do hear you on making changes in the future.
cloudyhn said... (11/7/10 10:36 PM) Reply
you did great job on the dress. I like it a lot
Annette1 said... (11/7/10 10:27 PM) Reply
How CUTE! It looks like a pretty darn good fit to me. ALL of your dresses are so pretty, and you really SHINE in that maxi dress, especially! I too have read the recommendations that you use the upper bust measurement, but I don't do it, to tell you the truth. I'm quite a "busty little number," as my mom would say (38FF), and what I usually do is I cut the neckline and shoulders a size smaller than everything else, AND I make an FBA. Of course, I realize you don't have a neckline or shoulders here, so I'm not of much help!
mm said... (11/7/10 4:31 AM) Reply
I think this great dress would look even better if it was a bit shorter.
marec said... (11/7/10 0:47 AM) Reply
What a great dress! I love the retro feel of the black background and bamboo print. Here are my thoughts on your dress-it's lovely and I like the style on you. I would make the skirt a bit shorter to balance the halter top or take it all the way to right above the ankle (I know, kinda impossible now). I also have your fitting issue with bust size. I am between a B and C, depending on my fitness and health. I cut my patterns for a size or sometimes 2 in the shoulders and upper bust, then graduate to a size larger, then another size for my hips. I haven't needed an FBA but could probably benefit if making a very fitted woven blouse. Just my 2 cents.
crazygrad said... (11/6/10 9:47 PM) Reply
So pretty and festive! I wish I had that fabric to make a blouse for my mother.
MNBarb said... (11/6/10 7:42 PM) Reply
I love all of your dresses. Ooh, especially the blue maxi.
Karendee said... (11/6/10 4:22 PM) Reply
Darling dress and clever use of fabric. I have spent some time browsing through your blog and am superimpressed with your re-using of fabrics in such clever way. Not only are you sewing with budget in mind, you're recycling in the best sort of way. I'm impressed!

by: SewEccentr...