Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6071 (Misses' Dresses In 2 Lengths)

Reviewed by:AnitaJJ

About AnitaJJstar
FL USA
Member since: 7/6/08
Posted on:11/6/10 1:21 PM
Last Updated:11/7/10 4:15 PM

KatC83 said... (11/9/10 2:49 AM) Reply
Wow! You look stunning in that dress. All your fitting, cutting and altering has paid off!
ryansmumAria said... (11/8/10 10:16 PM) Reply
oh wow! pretty everything you make is so super sexy
JillyBe said... (11/8/10 3:56 PM) Reply
LOVE that fabric, & love the dress too! I concur with everything marec said about fit adjustments (I have similar issues, & make similar adjustments for my body). I also think a bit shorter would have better proportions, but overall I think you did a great job!
Patti B said... (11/8/10 10:45 AM) Reply
Congrats on transforming the skirt into this cute dress. It looks good from here but I do hear you on making changes in the future.
cloudyhn said... (11/7/10 10:36 PM) Reply
you did great job on the dress. I like it a lot
Annette1 said... (11/7/10 10:27 PM) Reply
How CUTE! It looks like a pretty darn good fit to me. ALL of your dresses are so pretty, and you really SHINE in that maxi dress, especially! I too have read the recommendations that you use the upper bust measurement, but I don't do it, to tell you the truth. I'm quite a "busty little number," as my mom would say (38FF), and what I usually do is I cut the neckline and shoulders a size smaller than everything else, AND I make an FBA. Of course, I realize you don't have a neckline or shoulders here, so I'm not of much help!
mm said... (11/7/10 4:31 AM) Reply
I think this great dress would look even better if it was a bit shorter.
marec said... (11/7/10 0:47 AM) Reply
What a great dress! I love the retro feel of the black background and bamboo print. Here are my thoughts on your dress-it's lovely and I like the style on you. I would make the skirt a bit shorter to balance the halter top or take it all the way to right above the ankle (I know, kinda impossible now). I also have your fitting issue with bust size. I am between a B and C, depending on my fitness and health. I cut my patterns for a size or sometimes 2 in the shoulders and upper bust, then graduate to a size larger, then another size for my hips. I haven't needed an FBA but could probably benefit if making a very fitted woven blouse. Just my 2 cents.
crazygrad said... (11/6/10 9:47 PM) Reply
So pretty and festive! I wish I had that fabric to make a blouse for my mother.
MNBarb said... (11/6/10 7:42 PM) Reply
I love all of your dresses. Ooh, especially the blue maxi.
Karendee said... (11/6/10 4:22 PM) Reply
Darling dress and clever use of fabric. I have spent some time browsing through your blog and am superimpressed with your re-using of fabrics in such clever way. Not only are you sewing with budget in mind, you're recycling in the best sort of way. I'm impressed!

Sewing Workshop Inventor Shirt Pattern