Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 09-2008-120 (Pencil Skirt)

Reviewed by:Leslie in Austin

About Leslie in Austinstarstarstarstar
TX USA
Member since: 1/30/03
Posted on:11/7/10 10:30 AM
Last Updated:11/7/10 11:31 AM

Sue Parrott said... (10/6/11 7:58 PM) Reply
All I can say is WOW! Your skirt is beautiful!!!
CarolynGM said... (5/25/11 9:58 AM) Reply
Such lovely finishing touches on your skirt. I can see why you would make it again and again. It's a great shape and fit.
Deepika said... (5/18/11 12:22 PM) Reply
Got to see this gorgeous skirt at the PR Weekend. Love it. Even if I had this pattern, there is no way I could have made it look this good on me :) Mitered vent, button loop, hong kong finish, organza underlining, whats not to love? We did good into coaxing you to buy that super cool fabric. Love it.
BlossomKyle said... (11/8/10 10:48 PM) Reply
Wow, Leslie, such attention to detail, love the dragon, the button loop and how professional it all looks. Reading your review is just like talking with you--your personality really comes through in the review!
Donna Likes Golf said... (11/8/10 7:49 PM) Reply
Stunning, really! I agree with the other comments about your attention to detail - fabulous job! Did I already say "stunning"?
Bernadette W said... (11/8/10 4:53 PM) Reply
I love the Dragon as "Naval Warmer". Skirt by Leslie=Perfection.
BettyMike said... (11/8/10 1:16 PM) Reply
Pretty pretty skirt. Gorgeous fabric!
SusiM said... (11/8/10 9:21 AM) Reply
beautifully made! Your attention to detail makes it more than a skirt. Looks very nice on you. Thanks for all the pics to inspire and motivate us.
SandyinMO said... (11/8/10 8:25 AM) Reply
I love how you finished the inside.
becca a said... (11/8/10 7:44 AM) Reply
Gorgeous skirt!
Annette1 said... (11/7/10 9:34 PM) Reply
What a BEAUTIFUL skirt. I LOVE all the details, from the INSIDE out. :o)
Lori V said... (11/7/10 7:51 PM) Reply
Beautiful skirt.
AnneMarie60 said... (11/7/10 7:38 PM) Reply
Meticulous attention to details makes your gorgeous skirt even more fabulous! I truly see how great work on the inside translates to a garment that fits well and hangs beautifully. I adore Asian fabrics, and this piece is so very lovely! Your ensemble and your spectacular shoes look great on you!
annie11 said... (11/7/10 7:35 PM) Reply
Wow! Your sewing skills are just amazing. I love the inside as much as the outside. I like your idea of the button loop- I can never get my hook and eye to look good. Great job, Leslie!
cloudyhn said... (11/7/10 6:18 PM) Reply
Love the print. It fits you well....
mbaker said... (11/7/10 4:48 PM) Reply
yes, the fabric is beautiful, but it's your construction details that were the real wow for me. - really, really nice job.
Sew it seams said... (11/7/10 4:06 PM) Reply
So nice to see a review by you again, Leslie! Your skirt is gorgeous and the sewing is of course, flawless. Very, very pretty.
Christas said... (11/7/10 3:10 PM) Reply
Ooooh-lah-lah! Your skirt is so pretty and THE SHOES are too!!!!! I loved seeing the lovely insides with the Hong Kong finish & mitered vent. You do such beautiful work. :-)
Rhoda K said... (11/7/10 1:50 PM) Reply
A great looking skirt and love your fabric!
Karen6790 said... (11/7/10 1:07 PM) Reply
Amazing fabric, it didn't need to be anything more elaborate than this skirt because it speaks for itself. Love the "secret" dragon on the facing, and we won't even discuss those shoes. Christas can strong arm me anytime into something like that.
knitmachinequeen said... (11/7/10 12:51 PM) Reply
Fantastic skirt and review. You look marvelous!
Restart06 said... (11/7/10 11:22 AM) Reply
Wonderful skirt!
blue mooney said... (11/7/10 11:18 AM) Reply
The perfect way to use your fabulous fabric. Gorgeous! I wanted to see your dragon, but the link didn't work - maybe later. Thanks for the heads up on Material Girls!

by: Sheila457