Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3028 (Sweatshirt)

Reviewed by:CathyWeeks

About CathyWeeksstar
Member since: 9/5/08
Posted on:11/10/10 11:32 AM
Last Updated:11/29/10 5:21 PM
See other patterns in this category: Mens - Sleepwear / Loungewear    Mens - Jackets    Mens - Shirts
MNBarb said... (11/29/10 7:20 PM) Reply
Perfect fit and your stitching looks perfect also.
goosegreen said... (11/29/10 7:01 PM) Reply
Great the lining! I've been looking for a hoodie pattern for my DH & this looks like it. Thanks.
Hilary said... (11/16/10 8:05 PM) Reply
Wow, your hoodie turned out beautifully! I love the color and the lining, and your stitching is perfect. Well done :o)
Luckylibbet said... (11/11/10 4:14 PM) Reply
Very professional! I can't see any mistakes, even though you note that you weren't as careful as needed....Very nice review, too, exactly the information needed for someone coming after you.
ButtonFaith said... (11/10/10 5:43 PM) Reply
You did a wonderful job on this sweatshirt! What a great idea to line it..I never would have thought of that but I may implement that in the future! Great job and great review!
CathyWeeks said... (11/10/10 4:59 PM) Reply
Thanks Annette. It was one of the most complicated things I've ever sewn. Not because lining a sweatshirt is at all complicated (it's not, really), but because I had to figure it out myself, with no instructions, something that doesn't come naturally to me. I still can't believe I couldn't find a single lined sweatshirt pattern, given how popular they are in RTW.
Annette1 said... (11/10/10 4:50 PM) Reply
Wonderful review, and your hoodie looks so cozy and inviting, especially with that contrasting lining. :o) BEAUTIFUL WORK!
CathyWeeks said... (11/10/10 1:40 PM) Reply
Thanks. I couldn't find any ready-made twill tape that was the right color (white, cream, brown and black were the only available colors). So I bought about 4" of navy blue cotton twill and made my own. If I were doing it again, I'd buy enough so that I could cut it on the bias
marec said... (11/10/10 1:33 PM) Reply
Love the twill tape use-that is a tip I will keep in mind. This is a great sweatshirt and beautiful work!
Elemenopeo said... (11/10/10 12:34 PM) Reply
Nice looking hoodie. I just made a hoodie from a Burda magazine a while back and think I may pick up this pattern instead as I could use clearer instructions. The polarfleece lining and twill tape on hood seam are nice touches.
Understanding Interfacings
Understanding Interfacings

The Technique of Underlining Garments
The Technique of Underlining Garments

Jamie Christina Abbey Coat Pattern (JC314AC)

Jamie Christina Abbey Coat Pattern (JC314AC)