Online Sewing Class: Altering Jackets

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1085 (MISSES' TOP)

Reviewed by:Nancywin

About Nancywinstarstarstarstar
Member since: 7/25/06
Posted on:11/12/10 0:04 AM
Last Updated:11/15/10 0:44 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
Nancywin said... (2/6/11 10:53 AM) Reply
I LOVE this shirt and it is absolutely one of my favorite. I think that is due to the fabric. I ordered what is called a T-shirt knit from Denver fabrics which is rayon and 3% Lycra. I checked today and they still have it in several colors on their website. Even though I've done little to no sewing since the new year, I may go order some more of this because it is super soft and has held up well so far.
sewrose said... (2/5/11 12:58 PM) Reply
Nancy, Your results are so nice (of course). Has the top worn well over time? You see, I've made two of these, and neither one has held up, mostly because of the fabrics I chose. They were too wimpy and continued to stretch and stretch after I sewed the tops (and on the second garment, I skipped the little pouch at the neckline). One fabric, which I bought at Mood, is pilling like crazy. I guess what I'm observing my experience is, use a knit with a LOT of snap back.
kim*brown said... (11/18/10 3:29 PM) Reply
Yours looks much better then the one model on pattern envelope!
velosewer said... (11/17/10 9:59 PM) Reply
I like this top and the fact that you have two tops in this pattern. All the best with your CP.
FLFiFiLarue said... (11/15/10 7:24 AM) Reply
WoW! Sharp looking top! Gorgeous color, great fit and great finish work!
JillyBe said... (11/15/10 2:23 AM) Reply
The neckline drape is so nice! I guess it's the weight that gives it that little extra - brilliant touch! I've been looking for the right drapey-cowley sort of neckline for a knit top - I think you've found it for me, thanks!
Heatherrique said... (11/14/10 3:21 PM) Reply
Add me to the list who is inspired to get this pattern because of your very nice looking top!
4u2cme said... (11/13/10 7:14 PM) Reply
Great top, the color is flattering.
Nancywin said... (11/13/10 6:23 PM) Reply
This is a Sandra Betzina top, but there is no mesh or lining in the front
dresscode said... (11/13/10 1:50 PM) Reply
Is this one of the Betzina patterns where she incorporates a front "stay" or mesh liner inside the front? If so, I really like that idea! Love your top...I'm going to move it up in my very slow stack!
Michele Lommasson said... (11/13/10 12:42 PM) Reply
What a nice looking top.
Rhoda K said... (11/13/10 8:37 AM) Reply
Pretty top and like the *weight* idea. Always learn something new. The top looks nice on you.
MNBarb said... (11/12/10 10:35 PM) Reply
Perfect top!
JanJanB said... (11/12/10 12:18 PM) Reply
Love this top on you. Great color.
LynnG said... (11/12/10 10:57 AM) Reply
Great looking top and it fits you so well. I'm glad to hear it fits narrow shoulders. The draped neckline looks so pretty. I have been trying some cowl type necklines and I haven't found the one that works for me yet. I will have to give this a try. Thanks!
Elke said... (11/12/10 10:30 AM) Reply
Really cute top and it looks pretty on you!
sewbehind said... (11/12/10 10:14 AM) Reply
This is very cute on you. The coverstitch has a learning curve. Have you tried Debbie Cook's tutorials? That did it for me.
RLL said... (11/12/10 10:12 AM) Reply
This top looks really good on you. Love the color too.
Nan Kay said... (11/12/10 8:47 AM) Reply
Looks great. You will get the coverstitch figured out, I read all the tips for it and finally realized each machine is just a little different. Mine needs just a tweak more tension than the suggestions, but I love it.
Christas said... (11/12/10 8:33 AM) Reply
I have this pattern and haven't sewn it yet. Thanks so much for your review. That little pocket for the coin is such a neat detail to keep the neckline laying properly. Love the color and fit of your new top!
VirginiasDghter said... (11/12/10 7:11 AM) Reply
This top looks great on you! I bet the fabric feels good as well. Nice job!
donna mel said... (11/12/10 7:07 AM) Reply
Nice top, I love the 'weighted front' idea!
Sweetiebop said... (11/12/10 5:53 AM) Reply
Love this top and the color is great on you.
FreyaStark said... (11/12/10 4:05 AM) Reply
A smart top in a gorgeous fabric. The pocket idea is great.
jilly cooper said... (11/12/10 3:17 AM) Reply
good luck with the cs machine. Your top is a great match between fabric and pattern. I really like it :)

by: LM2HYD