Pattern Reviews> Amy Butler> AB043HR (The Rainy Days Hooded Raincoat and Runabout Jacket)

Reviewed by:oliphia

About oliphiastar
GA USA
Member since: 9/27/08
Posted on:11/15/10 8:04 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
SweetCaroline said... (3/11/11 7:13 PM) Reply
I bought this pattern and have been putting it off, but your review is very encouraging. I think have the guts to give ita go and I agree when you divide the cost by the amount of times you will wear it and the com;iments for haveing a one of a kind jacket then it is surely priceless!
Sewing Nurse said... (1/25/11 9:44 PM) Reply
Very nice. I had been looking for a raincoat pattern and already bought some great hot pink vinyl on a trip to the fashion district in NY. I was happy to find this one and now to see it made up. Thanks!
Hilary said... (1/5/11 9:08 AM) Reply
What a cute coat! I love the fabric, and the cute name tag/hanging loop. And the hood looks great I agree-especially with room for a pony tail! Thanks for the tip on the scotch tape presser foot (good idea!).
MadeByMeg said... (12/19/10 3:07 PM) Reply
love it! the combination of prints is great... something i always struggle with!
cindyann said... (11/16/10 9:36 AM) Reply
Cute, I've been meaning to get this adorable pattern.
ColorMeHome said... (11/16/10 9:15 AM) Reply
Very cute! I especially love your choice of fabric!! You will look stylish rain or shine!
Terri A said... (11/16/10 0:00 AM) Reply
Totally wonderful! Great job!
oliphia said... (11/15/10 9:29 PM) Reply
To make the tag, I used one of my handmade tags (twill tape stamped with fabric safe ink & tiny letter stamps) and an extra scrap of fabric. First I folded the top & bottom edges of the scrap to the center. I then zigzag stitched my label on top. I folded the edges over twice an stitched it all over again. This way there are no exposed raw edges and it's got lots of fabric to bulk it up. I use these twill tags in all my projects, they wash up great and look semi-professional.
Kathy in NM said... (11/15/10 8:54 PM) Reply
Great fashionable raincoat! You did a wonderful job sewing the laminate, and fitting the pattern. Are you going to share how you made your tag/hanger? How/where did you get your name printed? Very cool!
RLL said... (11/15/10 8:15 PM) Reply
This looks really good and well worth the investment of the fabric. It won't seem so much if you guesstimate how many times you will wear it and divide it by total cost to get your cost per wearing. That always justifies the cost of a fabric for me ;) .

by: chuichoy