Pattern Reviews> Ottobre Woman Magazine> 05-2009-9 (Pigeon Gray Knit Dress)

Reviewed by:EveS

About EveSstarstarstarstar
MI USA
Member since: 11/26/06
Posted on:1/17/11 8:51 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Christas said... (1/26/11 3:40 PM) Reply
Eve! I really like it! You look very cute the way you have styled it. I probably can't convince you, but thought I would try! Very excellent (and HUMOROUS) review, as always! :-)
LisaG said... (1/21/11 9:36 AM) Reply
Eve, if you don't like this, you don't like it. And you shouldn't wear it if it makes you feel bad about your body. But I have to agree with everyone else. The dress is really cute and you look cute in it! I especially like how you styled it, with the "statement" necklace and leggings. Please don't be so hard on yourself. I think you look fabulous!
Mufffet said... (1/18/11 10:44 AM) Reply
Yes, I too think you look great! :) I liked this in the magazine and it looks good on you, and it's a great winter dress. :)) AS USUAL, you did fabulous!
Mel.J said... (1/17/11 6:54 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review, I can tell you're *really* not feeling any love for this dress. I wonder... if you cut it shorter, like a tunic & styled it the same way with legging or tights... would the style feel more you? Might be worth pinning it up & seeing what you think.
Lori V said... (1/17/11 3:14 PM) Reply
I agree with the others, I think it looks cute on you. You could even layer it with a sweater, or sweater vest and leggings, super cute.
SewWil said... (1/17/11 10:38 AM) Reply
I like this a lot. It looks great on you.
Elemenopeo said... (1/17/11 9:47 AM) Reply
I really like it too.
Elizabeth made this said... (1/17/11 9:43 AM) Reply
I agree with Cathy--the way you have it styled, and because the color is so flattering on you, f.a.t. would not ever be the first thing I'd attach to this project. It looks like a nice winter staple.
EveS said... (1/17/11 9:11 AM) Reply
Thanks, Cathy. :) You know, the best view of this dress is straight on...like the photo. The profile, however...is big. I thought I had a photo of that but I can't find it. I'll try to get another one.
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (1/17/11 8:58 AM) Reply
Now wait a minute. I see your picture and think you look great and trendy and nicely styled with the tights and long silver necklace. The last thing that came to mind was F.A.T. Maybe this is one of those times you need to put it away for a few days and come back to it. Love it!

BurdaStyle Magazine 12-2012-140