Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8671 (Misses' 'Top)

Reviewed by:Peggy L

Timeless Hawaiian styles

boutiquefabric.com

High end fashion fabrics

Doris W. in TN said... (11/20/10 12:21 PM) Reply
A well written review, and your top looks fantastic on you. I love it combined with the skirt.
cleverclogs said... (11/20/10 6:18 AM) Reply
Ooh yes! Inspiration for my forthcoming entry to the word of the sixties! Many thanks for the helpful review and the fabulous pics.
MarianS said... (11/18/10 8:18 PM) Reply
Great look on you! Thanks for the excellent review and notions tips!
BettyMike said... (11/18/10 11:35 AM) Reply
Love the top, well, the whole outfit! You rock 60!!
JETrinity said... (11/18/10 11:19 AM) Reply
I too am recently retired. Suits and white blouses was my daytime outfit. Jeans was my evening outfit. I have gotten a lot funkier also. This top I have been eyeing but you have made it an inspiration. Got to try this look. TY
mssewcrazy said... (11/18/10 7:00 AM) Reply
You look great! I love your fabric choices and your outfit.
FreyaStark said... (11/18/10 1:14 AM) Reply
Very snazzy! It really suits you.
Annette1 said... (11/18/10 1:14 AM) Reply
SOOOOOOOOOOOO cute -- THE WHOLE OUTFIT! I love your unique top, and it's a perfect match with the skirt. I'm also glad to see somebody else is wearing cowboy boots. :o) That's pretty much my DAILY footwear.
carolynw said... (11/17/10 10:18 PM) Reply
Wowza - you look great - for sure 60 is not old (nor is 70+) - age is a state of mind and you sure are not looking 60 - enjoy this top - looks like it is a real fun pattern - must give this a try
Leora said... (11/17/10 9:32 PM) Reply
Great look, the top is another winner! Yay for boots!!!
Re Becca said... (11/17/10 9:01 PM) Reply
Love it! Will have to check out those techniques, your insertions look so smooth and perfect.
Catbird said... (11/17/10 8:23 PM) Reply
Well, you are just sewing like a house afire all of a sudden!! This is a pretty, versatile top and I like the insertion fabric you decided to use. You could pair this with so many different things. Thank you for the tips about the notions you used -- they would come in handy for all sorts of projects. Your new top is great!
Christas said... (11/17/10 6:09 PM) Reply
This top looks great and I am so glad you are back at your sewing machine. You definitely haven't lost your speediness - two nice tops in such a short time. The details on this one are so stylish! Nice boots too!
ggf2005 said... (11/17/10 5:59 PM) Reply
you look hot! great job! loved your review.
blue mooney said... (11/17/10 5:46 PM) Reply
You are back in the saddle again! The top looks great and your fabric combo really gives you the boutique look you want! The whole outfit with the cowboy boots is so put-together, yet eccentric, so you scored for sure. 60 looks great on you!
AnneMarie60 said... (11/17/10 5:19 PM) Reply
Lately, I have been fixated on Marci and Katherine Tilton's patterns. I also just read an informative article about stretch tulle in the latest issue of Vogue pattern magazine. Love your creatively put-together top! Great tips, too. Your top looks perfect with your skirt and boots. You are stylin'!
Karendee said... (11/17/10 5:14 PM) Reply
Peggy, you are just a speedy sewist. This MT top is amazing and you look so trendy with your new top, tights and boots. I like everything about your outfit.
ButtonFaith said... (11/17/10 4:58 PM) Reply
Great attitude and great look! I've been looking at this top myself and 'gleened' alot of info from your review! Thanks!
PegL said... (11/17/10 4:20 PM) Reply
You look fantastic and no where near 60! Nice job on the fabulous looking top and a very good review!!
renren said... (11/17/10 3:54 PM) Reply
Wearable art for sure and I love how you have paired the Marci Tilton top with the Nancy Erickson skirt (which looks fabulous at age 5) and the boots. A real kickin', fun outfit.
hmacski said... (11/17/10 3:21 PM) Reply
Sixty is not old -- especially not on you! Nice job on the blouse and the boots are a classic touch.
LynnG said... (11/17/10 2:09 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I love Marcy's designs and have this pattern on my pile. I agree with you that her website is so inspiring. I love browsing for ideas. Your top is very attractive and looks great on a "60" year old woman!

Understanding Wool Fabrics