Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1189 (A Rebecca Taylor Design)

Reviewed by:VirginiasDghter

About VirginiasDghter
OH United States
Member since: 3/6/10
Posted on:11/18/10 4:26 PM
Last Updated:11/18/10 4:32 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
Natasha Joyner said... (12/8/12 8:23 AM) Reply
I have just finished this dress, and all of the details and hand sewing made this drag so much too! I thought it might just have been me, but I am glad that other reviews have said the same. Looks lovely on you. I am glad you completed it!
sewinglouisa said... (4/22/12 12:51 PM) Reply
Stunning dress and look just a stunning one you. Funny that I had nit noticed the braided trim untill reading your review. I think that this pattern will be staying in the shop. You have have much more patience then I have! Enjoy wearing it.
layla said... (4/17/11 9:15 AM) Reply
What a cute dress on you.
sewbehind said... (11/19/10 11:02 PM) Reply
I was surprised to read that didn't like this dress. I think you look fabulous in it.
Donna Likes Golf said... (11/19/10 8:47 PM) Reply
I agree with the others - this dress looks very cute on you. I love the fabric and your styling with the boots looks fabulous. Sorry to hear you had such a time making the dress, but your hard work paid off. Definately wear it with pride!! You did a great job!
Mahogany Stylist said... (11/19/10 2:40 PM) Reply
Even though this dress produced a lot of dislike for you, It's turned out beautifully, and it's flatter on you.
Obrooks770 said... (11/19/10 1:22 PM) Reply
I hate when things are such a bother to pull together. It actually looks great though, I love the print.
nicegirl said... (11/19/10 10:17 AM) Reply
Oh man, I hate it when something so much work turns out meh! Hopefully when you have forgotten how annoying it was to sew you'll like the dress better. I think it's cute!
ladylola said... (11/19/10 7:32 AM) Reply
Forget the pain this dress gave you and wear it with pride. It looks wonderful!
knitmachinequeen said... (11/19/10 1:24 AM) Reply
Fantastic review. As much trouble as you seemed to have had...it was well woth it. You look fantastic!
Laurasews said... (11/19/10 0:11 AM) Reply
I think your finished product is the success story! Love it. Don't like to hear the difficulties, but you won! This is what designers work to earn.
Nessa09 said... (11/18/10 10:51 PM) Reply
What a beautiful dress! I love the fabric you used, and you would NEVER be able to tell the frustrations you had while sewing it. Thanks so much for your in-depth review!
Blooms said... (11/18/10 7:56 PM) Reply
It is a shame you didn't enjoy the process because the dress looks fabulous. great fabric choice.
michellep74 said... (11/18/10 6:34 PM) Reply
It's a cute dress, but sounds like one I wouldn't have much patience for either. Guess this pattern will continue to look pretty in my stash for a while. ;)
Sewnsewmom said... (11/18/10 5:46 PM) Reply
I think the dress looks very good on you.
annie11 said... (11/18/10 5:45 PM) Reply
Wow, Wow, Wow! You are rocking this look! Sorry it was such a nuisance to make for you, but you've got a GREAT dress!
SewWil said... (11/18/10 5:43 PM) Reply
Your dress turned out great. Fun print.
sewingsilly said... (11/18/10 4:52 PM) Reply
I think it looks really terrific on you and I love the way you styled it with the boots!!
Elemenopeo said... (11/18/10 4:45 PM) Reply
Your helpful review might aid the next success story. I think your dress looks lovely and hope the pain of making it fades as you wear it.

by: Sheila457