Online Sewing Class: Altering Jackets

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1204 (Misses' Tunic And Pants)

Reviewed by:mm

Last Updated:11/18/10 0:23 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Pants
lauraborealis said... (4/24/14 3:46 PM) Reply
I was just re-reading the reviews for the pants as I finally get ready to make mine. I had not intended to make the top, but yours has me reconsidering! I think you ended up with the perfect length.
Sherril Miller said... (4/13/11 7:07 PM) Reply
Beautiful.
clio59 said... (11/20/10 11:51 AM) Reply
A gorgeous shirt with beautiful yet subtle details. Your description of the problems you encountered brought back memories of an Issey Miyake jacket I made about 15 years ago. But it still looks edgy and interesting, although a little worn out. Great job!
nicegirl said... (11/19/10 10:33 AM) Reply
Very cool top! I love the funky lines and details.
renren said... (11/18/10 4:43 PM) Reply
I wouldn't have looked at this pattern twice based on the envelope, but your top is a great selling point. However, I fear I am not up to Plus Dificile in the area of sewing so I will merely have to admire greatly your top.
RLL said... (11/18/10 2:27 PM) Reply
Your review is so timely for me. I just purchased it today. I will definately heed your advice of the tab and collar issue...thanks! I really like this style and love how yours turned out. I agree with shortening it as well.
LynnG said... (11/18/10 12:02 PM) Reply
I like your idea of shortening the pattern. I have this on my pile of must sews and now that I see yours, I will have to move it up to the top.
marec said... (11/18/10 10:59 AM) Reply
Wonderful work with a difficult pattern. Your photo styling is great too, with water and boats in the background. Just gorgeous, as is the tunic.
Terri A said... (11/18/10 10:28 AM) Reply
Great shirt! I admire these difficult patterns!
hmacski said... (11/18/10 9:27 AM) Reply
I saw the pattern and it didn't appeal. However, your version has great appeal. Nice job and thanks for the review and making me think twice about this pattern.
carolynw said... (11/18/10 8:55 AM) Reply
Very nice - different and eye catching in a nice way
lamstu said... (11/18/10 1:58 AM) Reply
I love this as a shirt! The stripes add a great interest to the pattern. Issey Miyake is so fun, but I have to be in the right mood for it...
FreyaStark said... (11/18/10 1:10 AM) Reply
You're brave even to tackle an Issey Miyake pattern. The length seems right, and it looks good on you.
Natasha B said... (11/18/10 1:08 AM) Reply
Great shirt, I really like this design. It does seem plus difficile :)
frame said... (11/17/10 11:46 PM) Reply
Your shirt looks great. I like it shorter and would probably shorten it if I made it also. Thanks.

BurdaStyle Magazine 01-2015-107