Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8696 (Misses Jacket And Belt)

Reviewed by:VirginiasDghter

About VirginiasDghter
OH United States
Member since: 3/6/10
Posted on:11/27/10 5:34 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
Sweetiebop said... (12/3/10 7:18 AM) Reply
This is gorgeous and Thanks for your mention of the pockets.
VirginiasDghter said... (12/3/10 6:12 AM) Reply
Thanks Angelout! I look forward to seeing it! Happy Sewing!
angela langan said... (12/2/10 10:29 PM) Reply
great job, I am going to retry it in a light weight wool like this!
VirginiasDghter said... (11/30/10 11:13 AM) Reply
Hi jsgirl - I think that if you wore a fine knit sweater you'd be okay. Anything more and you'd probably have to use a stretchier fabric or widen the sleeves some. I find that the sleeves on my jacket are good - not too snug. I had on a turtleneck underneath and could have still comfortably worn a fine knit sweater.
jsgirl said... (11/30/10 8:00 AM) Reply
Hi Godsgirl Thankyou so much for your help but, can you tell me, are the sleeves quite snug fitting if not made up in a stretch fabric. I'm concerned that I may not be able to pull the sleeves on over another fine knit sweater.
Jane S said... (11/29/10 8:43 PM) Reply
Fabulous coat and terrific styling going on! Bravo.
VirginiasDghter said... (11/29/10 8:37 PM) Reply
Hi jsgirl - yes, you are right - the pattern does call for jersey. I wanted a little more structure than I thought jersey would give. The fabric that I used has some (one-way) stretch but certainly not enough to pass a "stretch" test - lol. FYI - the versatility in looks will depend largely upon how you situate the collar. This will also determine the amount of drape you get in the front. The more fluid the fabric, the more the drape - the less fluid the fabric - the less drape. Hope this helps!
jsgirl said... (11/29/10 7:23 PM) Reply
I love you coat! I have bought the pattern today but it does say that it needs to be made up in jersey I think. Did your fabric have some stretch?
DorothyK said... (11/29/10 1:00 PM) Reply
Stunning. I love all the ways you can wear this coat.
VirginiasDghter said... (11/28/10 9:59 PM) Reply
Thank you, thank you for the nice comments! This really is a fun and easy jacket to make. Happy sewing to all!
RLL said... (11/28/10 2:26 PM) Reply
So stylish and classy. Wonderful look on you.
annie11 said... (11/28/10 11:08 AM) Reply
You wear this coat with such style! It looks wonderful on you. I have this pattern and have been stuck on what fabric to make it out of- I really like your choice.
christinawo said... (11/28/10 10:20 AM) Reply
Your jacket is terrific and you look so chic in it. Thank you for your review. I never really noticed this pattern.
Nancy Rhodes said... (11/28/10 10:05 AM) Reply
& so wonderful with the beret! Just lovely!
JETrinity said... (11/28/10 9:00 AM) Reply
Nice looking versatile jacket. I need one like this.
Elke said... (11/28/10 7:45 AM) Reply
Gorgeous coat and fabric...looks fantastic on you!
tess said... (11/28/10 6:43 AM) Reply
A really classy looking coat, you look beautiful in it!
lesliez said... (11/28/10 0:50 AM) Reply
Fantastic coat. You wear it well.
lynne1nor said... (11/28/10 0:17 AM) Reply
Wow that is stylish! Looks fabulous on you!
Lori V said... (11/27/10 11:32 PM) Reply
So elegant.
no7262 said... (11/27/10 8:59 PM) Reply
This looks amazing on you! Nora :)
Wagtail said... (11/27/10 8:08 PM) Reply
Your coat looks stunning. I love the things you did with the collar. It is so me too. Even though I'm down under, in almost summer, I must get this pattern for next winter. Hope it looks as good on me as it does on you.
dukaqwn said... (11/27/10 6:47 PM) Reply
I loved your review. Normally, I would not have looked at this pattern, but your review and your pictures have changed my mind! Your blog is also inspiring; thanks so much for sharing.
Athene said... (11/27/10 5:48 PM) Reply
A beautiful coat. After seeing your review and angelout's review I must now get this pattern.
carolynw said... (11/27/10 5:45 PM) Reply
Really lovely - this is one of those patterns you go by and then someone makes it and you think WOW!! Your jacket looks wonderful in every way you showed how to wear it - elegant!!

by: AndiSocial