Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2059 (Issey Miyake Jacket)

Reviewed by:Annette1

About Annette1starstarstarstar
Member since: 3/5/04
Posted on:11/22/10 6:31 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 23 people
MarileeJH said... (5/23/13 9:14 AM) Reply
I just read this review... a little late to the party, but I was sorting through my pattern stash yesterday and realized I have this one, so checked out reviews! I also found I have a nice length of some wool jersey with a few small moth holes... so... I'm going to shrink/felt/boil the jersey and use it to make this jacket. All the piecing will allow me to work around any felted holes. Your notes and comments will help too. Thank you, belatedly.
JillyBe said... (1/4/11 6:53 PM) Reply
Another fabulous jacket review from you! I'm a jacket lover too, & now that I've discovered you I'm moving through your reviews lol!
Sherril Miller said... (12/5/10 1:59 AM) Reply
Amazing and spectacular at the same time. Soot colored? NO! It's charcoal and it's beautiful.
Mahler said... (11/29/10 8:16 AM) Reply
What a great jacket, I love your personal touch. It was a good idea to shorten it. Very Charles Dickens ! You are so good Annette. I think you should start pattern drawing. I love your creativity. As the marking pencil, they are my nightmare, even with a Staetdler pencil sharpener.
Grammy Gin said... (11/26/10 12:10 PM) Reply
As usual, I'm behind in reading reviews. There's nothing left to say...everyone else has said it all. I knew in the Very beginning that there must not be any room in your closet with all the jackets you have always sewn....REMEMBER? You called me a smart a-- & a PR friendship began. This is a beautiful garment....looks great on you. xo
mssewcrazy said... (11/24/10 5:05 AM) Reply
Fabulous jacket and review-you are one amazing seamstress. I think I am ordering that sharpener- never could get one of those pencils to keep a point so never use them.
Patti B said... (11/23/10 9:18 PM) Reply
My gosh, Annette, this is one spectacular jacket -- matched only by your amazingly helpful review. Wow.
4u2cme said... (11/23/10 5:40 PM) Reply
Great jacket. I love the design and the fabric.
RLL said... (11/23/10 3:23 PM) Reply
I am in awe! Wish I didn't sound like a broken record with your reviews/work.....but it's your fault! You are incredible! And thank you for continuing to share with us all your knowledge and experience.
Karendee said... (11/23/10 3:13 PM) Reply
Certainly not trying to be ugly or start something, BUT when ever will the mods allow your stars to roll over to FIVE. I know you have the points, unless it is unachievable.
eugenia123 said... (11/23/10 10:13 AM) Reply
Gosh!! The Jacket Queen reigns supreme. What a fabulous creation - I adore it! That shape is wonderful and I love the beautiful inky shades of the fabric you have used. And those horn buttons are the perfect finishing touch. You are the owner of so many fabulous jackets that I don't know how you ever get out the front door - it must be so difficult to decide which of your amazing jackets you want to wear!
Meggie LuLu said... (11/23/10 9:10 AM) Reply
Your new jacket looks so nice, and I love it!!! You sure have been sewing quite a bit lately ..... wish I could sew that much!! I sure miss it......
Margaret said... (11/23/10 4:10 AM) Reply
WOW... I love how you used the fabric and I am amazed you got this finished in one day. Love all the insets -- the ones in back remind me of released pleats. I think you chose just the right length too.
Sigrid. said... (11/23/10 2:55 AM) Reply
How very special and beautiful. Admiring your skills in finding the right fabric and style all the time (and in sewing them so fast ;). Great review.
Mermie said... (11/22/10 11:57 PM) Reply
That is a very, very cool jacket. I'm in awe.
Athene said... (11/22/10 11:57 PM) Reply
I love your jacket - fabulous look on you and so beautifully made as usual.
becca a said... (11/22/10 11:44 PM) Reply
What an amazing jacket! I love the insets, your angled button holes, the shaped sleeves, everything. You are amazingly fast at making beautiful jackets.
annie11 said... (11/22/10 11:17 PM) Reply
I've never seen this one before- it's gorgeous! I love your fabric, and it looks great on you.
renren said... (11/22/10 11:06 PM) Reply
I'm still trying to formulate my comment for your last jacket/coat . . . you are leaving me in the dust!!! You sew faster than I talk, and that's incredible. All I can say is, well, I guess I'll just borrow a line from The Princess Bride, and regarding your speed, skill and artistry, well, my mind is boggled, so I'll merely say . . . Inconceivable!!!
Barbara V said... (11/22/10 10:44 PM) Reply
You are on a "major roll" here sewing and meticulously reviewing some wonderful garments. I'm envious! This is an amazing jacket with its shaping and insets. Your choice of fabric was perfect as was your workmanship. Beautiful job! It looks great on you.
marec said... (11/22/10 10:14 PM) Reply
Annette, You are just cruisin' along with all these jackets! Gorgeous pattern and result. Your review is so detailed that I think I could make this jacket now. Ha! Thanks for the complete and entertaining review. Mary
no7262 said... (11/22/10 9:54 PM) Reply
Very different Great review! Nora :)
shaleenymay said... (11/22/10 9:48 PM) Reply
Oh wow that's a lot of work to get done in one day :) You were right to shorten it,it looks much better that way.I like your vogue picture.That would go nice in my sewing/craft/music/junk room lol.
MNBarb said... (11/22/10 9:48 PM) Reply
I'm amazed! The pattern pieces just looked like a big jigsaw puzzle to me and 4 frames later there was this beautiful jacket! The color and texture of this fabric is perfect, oh, and the buttons. Great work!
SewWil said... (11/22/10 9:33 PM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket! I love everything about it. Thank you for the detailed review.
Catbird said... (11/22/10 9:04 PM) Reply
Oh...my...goodness!! That Issey is a clever puppy, isn't he?! I'm a fan but don't remember seeing this one when it came out. I absolutely love that shape and everything else about it.... And YOU amaze me with what you've done, creating a truly one-of-a-kind jacket and another extremely helpful review in record time. You are on a winning streak! This is such a cool, interesting jacket, and you COULD step right into the pages of a Dickens novel!
Rhoda K said... (11/22/10 7:38 PM) Reply
Quite an undertaking with gorgeous results! Great review, as well.
Sweetiebop said... (11/22/10 7:20 PM) Reply
Love love love this jacket Annette. It is perfect.
Peggy L said... (11/22/10 7:10 PM) Reply
You are making me feel like a slug:) Another awesome jack this week. I love this - so unique and color looks great on you. Great review.
Karendee said... (11/22/10 7:10 PM) Reply
What a wonderful,wonderful jacket--advanced couture, made in a day!!!!! Your sewing so admired by me and the rest of your fans. I love how the fabric has the gradations of different coloring, emphasized with those clrver insets. And this style is so unusual, and looks great on you. And believe it or not, I could follow along with all your wonderful sewing details and hints. Gorgeous, gorgeous on you with a short skirt, tie up boots and tights., You'll be Steampunk Annie!!!
Christas said... (11/22/10 6:49 PM) Reply
We are going to have to change your nickname to "The SPEEDY Jacket Queen!" To make TWO jackets in one week is pretty amazing. I wish I could tap into that productivity. And ..... speaking of the jacket, WOW, it is soooo nice! I LOVE the COLOR, style, buttons, and pattern. You look terrific in it!
carolynw said... (11/22/10 6:42 PM) Reply
Oh I so love this jacket - it is gorgeous and you look beautiful and oh so elegant in it. I am completely green with envy but - I have a sweater knit on hand so now have to find the pattern - on your last review I had to find the fabric - you are an enabler but I just love everything you do. As always a great review

Merchant & Mills Top 64