Online Sewing Class: Clone Your Favorite Garment

Pattern Reviews> Amy Butler> AB041LI (The Liverpool)

Reviewed by:heathertyfeatherty

Other Projects by heathertyfeatherty using this Pattern

Vesta Patterns

vestapatterns.com

Calder and Co. said... (4/18/11 10:24 AM) Reply
Great job...looks great...your review was helpful!
Rhoda K said... (11/30/10 4:03 PM) Reply
Very nice shirt! Looks so nice on you.
Sew4Fun said... (11/30/10 0:17 AM) Reply
I love this in a knit! I decided a few days ago I too want a knit shirt so your review is timely. I even have this pattern but I haven't made it yet.
21wale said... (11/29/10 8:57 PM) Reply
Excellent shirt/tunic! The fit looks great.
Christas said... (11/29/10 8:39 PM) Reply
I would have thought that you had been sewing knits for years if your review hadn't said otherwise. Wow! I really love what you did with this pattern ....... VERY nice!
JETrinity said... (11/29/10 8:38 PM) Reply
Your version should be on the pattern envelope because I would buy it then. Nice job. Yes, indeed.
Kathy in NM said... (11/29/10 7:31 PM) Reply
Your shirt looks great!!! You did a wonderful job - no one would know you don't sew knits much. As Kayseri mentioned, there are stretch interfacings you could use to provide body, but still stretch. A small piece of non-stretch interfacing, or the wash-away stabilizer your mom suggested would help support the button holes while sewing. The collar - interface or not depends on how you like the feel of the fabric. Make a sample, or two, and decide if you like the knit interfaced. I will also use the knit interfacing along the hem if it needs stability. Make samples to see what works best - each knit is different. Then you won't be afraid to sew the actual garment. I really like your top - I wouldn't have used this pattern for a woven fabric, but the knit is a great idea!
valerie sews said... (11/29/10 7:28 PM) Reply
What a lovely pattern. Your top looks very RTW.
donna mel said... (11/29/10 7:56 AM) Reply
I love it in knit...I love anything in knit! I am going to try it, tho I will struggle with the same issues that you did.
Kayseri said... (11/29/10 2:15 AM) Reply
Great looking result, especially in a knit. I use stretch interfacing for knits, but whether I interface depends on how structured I want the result.
FreyaStark said... (11/28/10 10:14 PM) Reply
A great shirt - well done. You've really made this pattern your own! I sympathize with your stretch sewing problems; I'm new to stretch fabric myself and still learning about it.

More Knits