Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2794 (Sweetheart Top)

Reviewed by:jnyc

About jnycstar
Member since: 6/18/09

Best Patterns of 2008
Hall of Fame 2009
Posted on:12/9/10 6:09 AM
Last Updated:12/10/10 5:45 AM

Frozzy said... (3/7/11 3:06 PM) Reply
Thanks so much for posting your fixes. I just noticed this review, and I have a finished top lanuishing in the "fix me" pile for the low neckline. Now if I just saved some scraps, I'll be in business - sewing in a larger trim strip is genious!
morzel said... (12/10/10 4:32 PM) Reply
Beautiful shirts! Merino knits sound great too - never seen a such for sale here...
becca a said... (12/10/10 10:01 AM) Reply
I love both your versions. I love the gathering on the red one. I will have to try this next time.
Peggy L said... (12/10/10 8:21 AM) Reply
They both are super cute!
Christas said... (12/9/10 5:24 PM) Reply
This is one of my all time favorite patterns. I love both versions you have made from it!
mhk3boys said... (12/9/10 10:20 AM) Reply
Wow! Your tops look great! Thanks for the neck info! I made a muslin and found the same problem about the low neck gaping.
dbsewer said... (12/9/10 9:08 AM) Reply
I've made several of these and found the same issues with gaping, but for me it was at the neck and back. I would suggest going with a smaller size and adding in the bust area, plus you can take up the front by redrawing it a little higher. I agree also that the elastic gathering is skimpy so I extended that, too. However, for me it's a go-to shirt in summer but you really have to tweak the fit.