Pattern Reviews> Burda> 2691 (Pajamas)

Reviewed by:rivergum

About rivergumstarstarstarstar
Member since: 12/17/06
Posted on:1/2/11 4:19 PM
Last Updated:1/2/11 4:34 PM
See other patterns in this category: Easy to Sew    Mens - Sleepwear / Loungewear    Loungewear

Other Projects by rivergum using this Pattern

carolynw said... (2/9/11 9:22 PM) Reply
So very pretty - the price of nice PJs is ridulous and making them especially as nice as yours is definitely a big plus!!
JETrinity said... (1/3/11 12:30 PM) Reply
I just made a dress (Vogue 8382) out of TANA LAWN COTTON BY LIBERTY LONDON. Probably the best cotton you can sew.
Diane333 said... (1/3/11 10:20 AM) Reply
Your PJ's are beautiful, love the color and the fit.
Christas said... (1/2/11 9:40 PM) Reply
I love these! They look beautifully sewn and so comfortable (pretty too)!
Terri A said... (1/2/11 9:21 PM) Reply
Well besides that your pajamas are great, I think your garden sounds enviable! Those possums drive me bananas tho! That and slugs or chickens doing damage...
rivergum said... (1/2/11 8:58 PM) Reply
ButtonFaith, the size runs pretty big. I used a medium, and i am 12 on top and 14 bottom with the Big 4. I have lots of room, and I like it that way. :-)
FreyaStark said... (1/2/11 8:19 PM) Reply
Another good pyjama fabric is cotton jersey. Years ago I had some in jersey from Victoria's Secret and they were fantastic to wear - warm, soft and comfortable. Fashion Fabrics Club (cheap prices but expensive shipping) or Fjolner in Denmark (higher prices but great quality) both offer nice cotton jersey.
ButtonFaith said... (1/2/11 7:03 PM) Reply
Lovely pjs! I liked your so much I went and bought the pattern! Can you tell me how the size runs? Thanks!
Michelle T said... (1/2/11 7:02 PM) Reply
I love the piping. It is funny how some are PJ people and other's nighty people. I tend to wear PJ's as lounge wear and take them off when I go to bed. This looks like a nice pattern. Have you seen the silk cotton blends? I think they would make lovely Summer PJ's. Maybe not last more than a year or two, but that is okay for me.
FreyaStark said... (1/2/11 4:49 PM) Reply
Lovely pyjamas. I completely agree with you about PJs versus nighties. The only snag is that nighties are much quicker and easier to run up. I make them out of either Hawaiian poplin from sources in Hawaii or Liberty lawn, available cheaply from Shaukat ( or Liberty fabrics are too expensive for making pyjamas unless bought at a discount, but those sources are great. Also, unfortunately, their lawn is not hard-wearing. Spotlight currently has good lightweight cottons, including a Japanese range of intimation Liberty lawn and others, e.g. lightweight poplin.