Online Sewing Class: Perfectly Fitted Shirt

Pattern Reviews> Burda> 2604 (Men's pants)

Reviewed by:Deepika

See other patterns in this category: Mens - Pants

Boho Banjo art to wear

pdf sewing patterns

said... (11/2/02 1:59 PM) Reply
I have made a couple of pairs of pants for my husband, many years ago now, and never got the pattern quite right. These look as if they might be worth a try. They are the style he likes, with a plain front. Pleats don't seem to do anything for him.
said... (7/27/02 1:13 PM) Reply
Yes Nan I did compare it to his shorts but unfortunately the only thing I compared was the length. I should have measured the inseam and the short width also. A Lesson for next time since he wants me to make more shorts for him :-)
said... (7/27/02 0:04 AM) Reply
Great looking shorts, Deepika! Did you compare these to a pair of his shorts before cutting to be sure of size? I've done this w/ boxers made as a surprise for my husband, but I've not made trousers for him--just interested in your comment on the fit part Nan
said... (7/17/02 0:50 AM) Reply
Jay, while my husband is not slim, this pattern did fit him very well, so I think you might like it. Since the shorts fit him, I am thinking of making him a pair of pants also from this pattern.
said... (7/16/02 5:05 AM) Reply
I usually trust Burda patterns and with the trouble I have been having trying to find a reliable pants pattern for myself (they all seem way too baggy for my slim frame) I think I might give this a go when I have some spare cash to purchase the pattern and some fabric. I might even be tempted to try linen, like Deepika.
said... (6/23/02 3:19 PM) Reply
Wow, you did a really great job. Congratulations on tackling the welt pocket!
said... (6/23/02 10:29 AM) Reply
thanks to all of you for your kind words of encouragement. Marita thanks for the tip on the drooping pocket. I did not know about that and just stitched both the pocket pieces together. Now I know what to do when I make this next time. These tips one picks up gradually are really valuable.
said... (6/23/02 2:57 AM) Reply
i'm really happy for you, I-m sure you felt the great feeling that overwhelms you when you have accomplished somethin new and even a bit difficult, when I was starting with my "weltpocket career" the perfect training area was on old sheet, the problem with the welt pocket quite often is that it droops, so I usually pin or if I'm energetic enouhg baste the welt parton the pocket part so that the lines are even and only then I adjust and sew the pocket pouch, but I must say that you have done a great job, conratulations!:-)
said... (6/23/02 1:53 AM) Reply
Deepika, those are great-looking shorts! You have become so accomplished in such a short period of time!
said... (6/22/02 11:41 PM) Reply
Deepika, very impressive. You did a super-professional job.
said... (6/22/02 11:18 PM) Reply
Well done! They look great and a welt pocket is hard, good for you! I love working with linen, it's so nice to sew with.
said... (6/22/02 10:53 PM) Reply
Deepika, wow! The pants look incredible and the welt pocket is so professional! Also love your fabric choice.
said... (6/22/02 10:13 PM) Reply
the shorts looks great, deepika. a very crisp and professional job!

Understanding Wool Fabrics