Online Sewing Class: Perfectly Fitted Shirt

Member since: 10/7/08
Posted on:1/2/11 9:38 PM
Last Updated:1/2/11 9:41 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
nikki.hozack said... (5/27/11 4:20 PM) Reply
I have to agree with all the comments, despite it not turning out how you wanted, you look amazing. Thanks for the inspiration!
savivaring said... (1/12/11 9:19 PM) Reply
This looks great on you. I love your work. I am glad you let me know about the arms, I have this pattern and will wait until I know how to adjust the arms :) Thanks!
Handmade by Carla said... (1/11/11 2:35 PM) Reply
sooo cute! I have this pattern and never felt inspired to make it until now. love it with the belt.
CallMeSu said... (1/10/11 2:33 PM) Reply
Ridiculously cute!
dcooley said... (1/6/11 8:12 PM) Reply
I just finished making this and have the same problem with the arm holes. You look stunning in it. After I finished it off with the 5/8" hem all along the edges it truly fit much better. It's made to sit off the shoulder toward the back, on the shoulder forward the way we normally wear a sweater or coat. I'll post my pics and review later. I love how you belted and just came back from picking up a couple of matching belts for mine.
ChristineX said... (1/5/11 6:59 PM) Reply
Oh well, at least you gave it a try. You look great in the picture, though!
Annette1 said... (1/3/11 11:50 PM) Reply
Ha! All of my pictures are taken in the bathroom mirror, too. Now as for this cardigan, I LOVE it with the wide belt, which really shows off your tiny waist. I hope you wear it lots. :o)
mochalover said... (1/3/11 6:00 PM) Reply
I have this pattern and was going to make it this weekend but when I saw the hole cutting I changed my mind. However, it is cute on you.
FloraNature said... (1/3/11 4:46 PM) Reply
Fabulous! It looks great belted up. Do you think you could sew a strip of elastic along the shoulder line to bring the armscye in a bit?
msmull3562 said... (1/3/11 10:35 AM) Reply
Sorry the fit is not what you wanted. However you look great in it.
MissCelie said... (1/3/11 10:05 AM) Reply
Well, you look terrific. Too bad it's a hassle to wear.
optimistic said... (1/3/11 9:27 AM) Reply
It looks great! Wear it a time or two before deciding to keep, toss, or donate.
no7262 said... (1/3/11 8:14 AM) Reply
Even with the arm hole issues it looks great on you! Don't toss it! Make something else from it, the fabric looks wonderful! Nora :)
janet said... (1/3/11 7:36 AM) Reply
You look quite fetching in your cardigan! You did a great job of making a lemon into lemonade!! Keep sewing!!!
heathertyfeatherty said... (1/2/11 10:02 PM) Reply
Stylist. Sorry my iPad is bugging me tonight! I'm also in the STL area and hancock's bargain fabrics are the best for finding knits.
heathertyfeatherty said... (1/2/11 10:00 PM) Reply
I'm so sorry this pattern was frustrating! It looks amazing in the picture so you are an awesime

You Can Make This Forget Me Knot Dress