Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 06-2010-114 (Jacket)

Reviewed by:Mary Nanna

About Mary Nannastarstar
NEW ZEALAND
Member since: 4/6/08
Posted on:1/3/11 1:21 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
Christas said... (1/26/11 9:01 PM) Reply
Excellent review! Very nice jacket ..... great style!
FloraNature said... (1/3/11 4:41 PM) Reply
It looks very wearable as a muslin! Cotton linen is such a good fabric to wear in warm weather.
suesmith said... (1/3/11 4:18 PM) Reply
This is on my 'to do' list. Thank you for the helpful review. It is always a pleasant bonus when your muslin turns out to be wearable! Nice looking jacket.
Leslie in NZ said... (1/3/11 3:37 PM) Reply
Very nicely done!! Your review is so timely for me. I have this on my dress form partially completed. I really struggled with the collar/sleeve seam. When I *finally* actually read the instructions word for word I was able to put it together, although I puzzled about what corner they were talking about as well. I accidentally used cheap interfacing on mine and I am not sure I will continue with the current one, but I love this pattern and I am determined to make one I can wear to work!! Thanks for all the detail, especially the underarm treatment. I am also planning to make it unlined and your thorough review is very useful.
Becky Coleman said... (1/3/11 10:37 AM) Reply
I liked this jacket, and I like your version, too. Thanks.
Elizabeth made this said... (1/3/11 10:24 AM) Reply
This is in my postpartum queue. I love the sleeve--it's lovely on you and I can see it being flattering on a lot of people. Thanks for the tips on construction.
Elemenopeo said... (1/3/11 9:11 AM) Reply
Great review - nice jacket.
MNBarb said... (1/3/11 7:18 AM) Reply
This is a great little jacket. I love the detail of the front and sleeve. You are always able to achieve a great fit and the linen/cotton, although not your final fabric, is perfect for warm weather.
BillieJean said... (1/3/11 5:54 AM) Reply
I love your comment "fashion forward but still on this planet". I agree that's Burda. Love your jacket and thanks for the very helpful review.
o3b said... (1/3/11 3:23 AM) Reply